Group Technical Manager
Part of the Flying Trade Group, Surya Foods is one of the largest suppliers of authentic world foods to the UK food sector. Its unrivalled, extensive world food ranges has seen it become the biggest supplier of world food lines into supermarket giants Tesco, Asda, Sainsbury's and Morrisons, with extensive independent retail accounts across the UK. Surya owns three rice brands listed in the UK top ten according to 2014 Nielsen data. (Laila, Salaam & Apna).
With 2,000 products available, Surya represents over 50 agency lines from some of the world’s leading companies as well as its own popular house-brands, including Laila, Salaam, Apna, Jamaica’s Pride and Island Sun.
We are recruiting, on a permanent basis, for a Group Technical Manager to lead and advise the site teams on statutory regulations and company standards relating to good manufacturing practices, food safety, quality and environmental hygiene. You will be responsible for ensuring that quality management systems, operating practices and process controls are developed, implemented and adhered to by staff to deliver consistent quality performance and good manufacturing practice across each of the sites.
Delivering agreed KPI’s including those relating to consumer complaints, audit performance, extrinsic and internal (including FEMAS, BRC, HACCP) pest control, hygiene % compliance to schedule are key responsibilities.
With proven relevant experience and the capability to lead and develop a technical team, you will be a key member of the Operations Team.
Our company culture supports and nurtures personal development, we invest in our staff to facilitate promotion within our group. If you want to join us on the journey, and have the dedication to take us to the next level, we would love to hear from you.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead and advise the site teams on statutory regulations and company standards relating to good manufacturing practice, food safety, quality and environmental hygiene.
- Naturally work towards KPI’s. These will include: consumer complaints, audit performance, extrinsic and internal (including ISO, BRC, GTS’s, HACCP) pest control, hygiene % compliance to schedule, training and development of teams.
- Liaise in professional manner with customers in matters of a technical nature including major retailers.
- Liaise with local and national authorities regarding site and food safety, customer complaints and environmental issues.
- A food science qualification.
- Sound knowledge of BRC, FEMAS and HACCP.
- Experience in a similar role.
- Ability to deal with a complexity of products.
- Excellent people management skills.
- Ability to train, develop staff and lead by example.