Part of the Flying Trade Group, Surya Foods is one of the largest suppliers of authentic world foods to the UK food sector. Its unrivalled, extensive world food ranges has seen it become the biggest supplier of world food lines into supermarket giants Tesco, Asda, Sainsbury's and Morrisons, with extensive independent retail accounts across the UK. Surya owns three rice brands listed in the UK top ten according to 2014 Nielsen data. (Laila, Salaam & Apna).
With over 2,000 products available, Surya represents over 50 agency lines from some of the world’s leading companies as well as its own popular house-brands, including Laila, Salaam, Apna, Jamaica’s Pride and Island Sun.
We are recruiting, on a permanent basis, for a QA Assistant.
Reporting to the Group Technical Manager you will be responsible for supporting the technical function in ensuring the production and distribution of food products meets best practice standards and complies with food legislation requirements.
Duties and responsibilities:
- To examine all factored goods being brought onto site and products manufactured on the site, to cross reference its packaged declarations conform to the original product specification, correct any discrepancies, amending product spec/packaging to conform to UK legislation.
- To audit production on procedures and compliance to food legislation.
- To liaise directly with all relevant parties on product specifications and discrepancies.
- To evaluate and maintain quality systems in place through scheduled internal audits of both documentation and the facilities.
- Promote technical and quality standards in line with both company and customer specifications.
Skills, qualification and experience
- Attention to detail is imperative
- Ability to deal with a complexity of products
- Computer literate.
- A food science qualification.
- Experience in a similar role within a food manufacture environment
- Preferably a food science graduate or at least educated to A' level standard in science subject, previous laboratory or quality control and assurance experience is an advantage, preferably gained within the food/beverages industry.
- Experience with auditing (internal/external), knowledge and/ or experience of HACCP & BRC.