QA Technologist - Maternity Cover
I am currently recruiting for a QA Technologist on behalf of a client who is well established in the food manufacturing industry.
- Quality Management System – Support QA manager in reviewing and updating allocated procedures from existing QMS including relevant training and implementation with production team.
- Work with site HACCP team to incorporate any new site changes
- Trials and pre-production – Attend all own label and brand trials to ensure that technical aspects are considered and any associated actions implemented as part of the NFD process.
- Complete internal audits and update corrective action log and ensure corrective action closeout within set timeframes.
- In-house audits – Support completion of GMP, process, foreign body audits as part of routine schedule.
- Training, Inductions and CCP assessments – Provide induction training for new starters as required and communicated by the People team. Maintain a plan for CCP assessments for all trained staff and ensure assessments are carried out according to schedules.
- Verification / validation of processes including allergen verification testing and temperature validation of key processes.
- Involved in BRC Preparation and customer audits including presentation to auditors where relevant.
- Ensure that foreign body complaints and internal foreign body finds are investigated thoroughly and to a high standard within agreed timeframes.
- CCP verification audits – ensure compliance to schedule and completion of corrective actions.
- Knowledge of basic food hygiene and relevant food related degree.
- Experience of working within a quality management system
- HACCP training
- Excellent communication skills – dealing with personnel on the factory floor
What’s on Offer?
- A competitive salary range of £30,000 - £35,000 – Pro-Rata
- This is a maternity cover contract working Monday – Friday office hours and looking for someone to start ASAP and the contract will end in September 2018.
If the above role could be of interest please get in touch ASAP on 0131 226 5060 and send your most recent up to date CV over to Cassi@drnewitt.com