Technical Assistant - 6 month rolling contract
I am currently recruiting for a Technical Assistant on behalf of a client who are well established in the food manufacturing industry.
- Gather and prepare microbiological samples, input data onto the computer, meet micro schedules, cook samples where necessary, complete swabs, water samples and review results doing re-tests where necessary
- Carry out positive release of sleeves and labels commenting on missing items and rectifying problems
- Audit and file production paperwork. Score and communicate the quality of the paperwork to the production team
- Aid with customer complaint investigations
- Equipment checks and calibration on a weekly and daily basis
- Glass audit daily/weekly/monthly/quarterly
- CCP verification audits
- Complete non conformance log
- Traceability when required
- Print all factory weight sheets on a weekly basis topping up where necessary
- Technical projects as required
- Daily and weekly temperature checks
- Knowledge of basic food hygiene
- Experience of working within a quality management system
- Excellent communication skills – dealing with personnel on the factory floor
- Experience in a QA or QC role preferable
What’s on Offer?
- A competitive salary up to £25,000 working on a 6 month rolling contract.
- Shift work need to be flexible (Early shift and backs) 6am till 2pm and 2pm till 10pm.
If the above role could be of interest please get in touch ASAP on 0131 226 5060 and send your most recent up to date CV over to Cassi@drnewitt.com