Shift Manager (12 month contract)
Shift Manager (12 month contract)
Cargill is a unique place to grow your career, your experience and your abilities. Every day, we grow our reputation as a leading international producer of food, agricultural, financial and industrial products and services. We take pride in our global reach, ability to contribute, and strong work ethics and values. Founded in 1865, Cargill is a privately held company and employs 150,000 people in 70 countries. Through innovation, creativity and teamwork, we are transforming entire markets and people’s lives worldwide, and we can have the same impact on your career. Discover how working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive at www.cargill.com.
To work Monday – Friday, providing support to the Production Manager. This role involves leading projects and providing continuity and standardization in tasks and standards by liaising with the Shift Management teams. To work on continuous improvement projects to improve the site and liaise with the Project Manager on major project work. The Shift Manager will be required to support the Production Manager and deputise when needed.
- Co-ordinate with the Project Manager to complete internal aspects of current major projects, to ensure internally based tasks are managed and completed to adhere to the timelines of the project
- Reporting to the Production Manager with regard to project impact on daily business tasks
- Ensure no project impact to site safety and product quality
- Ensure adherence to company and site policies and procedures during project activities
- Ensure management of change is adhered to
- Ensure engagement of line manager and operatives through good communication, and facilitating involvement at appropriate stages of project
Continual improvement and continuity:
- Maximize improvement opportunities in all areas of control, through continual review of operations and instigating improvements where necessary
- Support Lean 6 Sigma projects
- Provide a link with Shift Managers to ensure improvements are managed within an appropriate timescale and ensure interpretation of line requirements is the same
- Liaise with Shift Managers to ensure all tasks are being completed in a standard format across all shifts
- Ensure line process settings are adhered to at all times
- Working with Shift Managers and accounts to address major problems within SAP
- Working with HR to address any queries, reference agency hours and ensure approvals and sign-offs are completed in a timely manner
- Ensure all other systems are managed appropriately
- Degree/ HND Level - essential
- NVQ 4 in management or equivalent - essential
- IOSH Certification – essential
- Lean Manufacturing experience Green or Yellow belt – essential
- MS Excel experience – essential
- Ability to engage and influence - essential
- SAP knowledge to a good standard - desirable
- Kronos knowledge to a good standard - desirable
- Hazard analysis and critical control points qualified - desirable
- Demonstrable experience of project work/management - desirable
In return for your expertise and commitment, we will provide a fast paced stimulating international environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.
Interested? Then make sure to send us your CV and cover letter in English today.