Cargill is a unique place to grow your career, your experience and your abilities. Every day, we grow our reputation as a leading international producer of food, agricultural, financial and industrial products and services. We take pride in our global reach, ability to contribute, and strong work ethics and values. Founded in 1865, Cargill is a privately held company and employs 150,000 people in 70 countries. Through innovation, creativity and teamwork, we are transforming entire markets and people’s lives worldwide, and we can have the same impact on your career. Discover how working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive at www.cargill.com.
Job location(s): Hereford
The purpose of this role is to co-ordinate operational activities for the site, as well as supervising, motivating and developing a team. You will be responsible for ensuring that operatives produce quality products which meet customer requirements, on time and to specification in a safe and efficient manner, within agreed the cost standards. The successful candidate will be working within a fast-paced environment in our European poultry business.
- To supervise operators ensuring efficiency of process
- Ensure yields are met to customer specification and that excess wastage is monitored and controlled
- Ensure the quality of the product meets the customer specifications
- Ensure that orders are completed on time and to the agreed customer requirement
- Ensure employee and product safety at all times by ensuring full training is given according to task procedures and individual needs
- Maintaining adherence to company safety and hygiene standards
- Completing any health and safety documentation for the shift
- Managing basic SAP
- Management of team; including time and attendance, welfare, performance reviews & coaching, engagement, highlight training gaps and needs, disciplines etc.
- Ensure all Company policies, standards, processes are met and adhered to by all personnel on shift.
- Reporting to the Shift Manager
- Previous experience of leading people – essential
- Effective communication and team development skills – essential
- Planning and organisational capability - essential
- Committed with a desire to lead in a fast paced environment – essential
- Basic computer skills – essential
- NVQ Level 4 in supervisory management or equivalent is - desirable as training will be provided
- Previous experience of working in the food manufacturing industry – desirable.
In return for your expertise and commitment, we will provide a fast paced stimulating international environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer a competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.
Interested? Then make sure to send us your CV and cover letter today.