Site Services Manager
Site Services Manager
Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With over 150 years of experience, Cargill provides food, agricultural, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
Working for Cargill’ European poultry business at our customer’s dedicated meat processing facility in Wolverhampton. Assisting the plant engineer by providing front-line operational management of the sites services arm of the engineering department. Managing a team of 6 site service engineers, who manage all site systems, safety and compliance.
- Implement and utilise Maximo CMMS system to report on plant and department performance and advise on operational focus
- Drive the implementation, revision and evolution of maintenance and reliability of best practice across the site
- Project co-ordination; including project scope, timetable of works, health and safety planning, budget allocation and control and co-ordination of engineering and production requirements
- Provide technical back up to the plant engineer, site services engineers and managers on matters of plant performance, downtime and environmental health and safety
- Provide the plant engineer with the agreed departmental key performance indicators and improvements plans, ensuring shared best practice and benchmarking with both internal and external agents
- Provide ‘front-line’ operational management of Human Resource requirements for all site services engineers, in line with company policies
- Co-ordinate with plant engineer, managers, engineers, operatives, other departments, other sites and contractors to ensure assigned tasks from the business, operating, environmental health and safety and engineering plans are achieved
- Take part responsibility for the provision of out-of-hours call-out roster providing advice and management of major engineering issues
- Assist the Plant Engineer to ensure a safe plant, safe systems of work and a safe working environment is achieved and maintained, in compliance to the higher of local, national, European or corporate standards
- Maintain legal compliance in all utility supplies and discharges
- Engineering qualifications (mechanical or electrical bias) to Degree, HND or City & Guilds level
- GCSE / CSE in English & Mathematics
- Experience of supervision and co-ordination of a small team of multi-skilled craftsmen
- Utilities plant specific legislation, legionella
- Experience of boiler operation, low and high voltage distribution, pressure systems, emergency lighting and fire systems
- Experience of engineering within a fast moving production environment, food or utilities environment preferred
- Health and safety legislation (Including COSHH, RIDDOR, CDM, HASAWA, MHSWA etc.)
- Understanding of food hygiene and food safety legislation
- Formal Environmental Health & Safety qualifications or experience (NEBOSH, IOSH, Managing Contractors)
- Experience of using Maximo CMMS
- Inter-personal communication, coaching, conflict management and presentational skills
In return for your expertise and commitment, we will provide a fast paced stimulating international environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.
Interested? Send us your CV and cover letter in English today!
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/cargill