Cargill is a unique place to grow your career, your experience and your abilities. Every day, we grow our reputation as a leading international producer of food, agricultural, financial and industrial products and services. We take pride in our global reach, ability to contribute, and strong work ethics and values. Founded in 1865, Cargill is a privately held company and employs 150,000 people in 70 countries. Through innovation, creativity and teamwork, we are transforming entire markets and people’s lives worldwide, and we can have the same impact on your career. Discover how working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive at www.cargill.com.
The Shift Manager will manage all staff and operational areas of a shift in line with Cargill’s policies, procedures and applicable legislation. This includes producing quality products which meet customer requirements on time and to specification, in a safe and efficient manner to agreed cost standards. The Shift Manager will be required to deputise when needed in the absence of the Production Manager.
- To coordinate, via Team Leader, all operational shift personnel, to produce quality products to schedule, whilst maintaining a safe, efficient and cost effective operation with maximum utilisation of resources
- Leading and engaging the shift in alignment with Cargill strategies and operating plans
- To create and maintain a safe and hygienic working environment through adherence to Cargill and legislative requirements and completing any health and safety documentation for the shift.
- To continually evaluate product quality in conjunction with the Quality Auditor, implementing the required corrective actions to attain the product quality to customer standards.
- Manage, motivate & empower operators developing them to their full potential
- Monitor, measure and report on production related process performance, including general issues to route cause
- Ensuring company resources & support departments are used in an effective manner to ensure best operating costs.
- Accountable for all Company policies, standards, processes are met and adhered to by all personnel on shift.
- Accountable for all aspects of the site at night, week-ends, or when there is no other senior management on site.
- To maximize improvement opportunities in all areas of control, through continual review of operations and by instigating improvements where necessary and drive through any changes
- Control the shift’s costs by managing complement, minimizing spend and waste, driving cost saving ideas where appropriate and have an awareness of the budget for their shift in regard to labour, material cost control.
- Liaise with HR department to select and develop operational personnel and to ensure that a developmental programme is in place to train and motivate individuals to achieve performance and quality targets.
- Reporting to the Production Manager
- 24 direct reports
- Educated to secondary level or equivalent - essential
- NVQ level 4 in management or equivalent – essential
- Proven effective people management skills - essential
- Intermediate computer skills– essential
- Ability to anaylse and interpret data to give meaningful reports and actions – essential
- Proven experience within manufacturing – desirable
In return for your expertise and commitment, we will provide a fast paced stimulating international environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer a competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.
Interested? Then make sure to send us your CV and cover letter today.