FSQR Quality Assurance Manager
FSQR Quality Assurance Manager
Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With over 150 years of experience, Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
Working for Cargill’s European poultry business at the Newent factory site, you will ensure that all products are manufactured within the fifth quarter, non-retail category, and fresh poultry waste conforms to legal and customer requirements and adheres to quality specifications. You will drive the continuous improvement of site standards and product quality. You will help and support processes that convert waste into sellable products.
- Complete customer specific quality reviews and key performance indicator (KPI) reports to agreed timeframes
- Ensure depot reports and rejections are actioned and responded to in the necessary timeframe
- Ensure customer testing schedules for nutritional analysis, shelf life, sensory panels etc. are met and recorded as specified
- Attend customer panels and meetings as required
- Monitor and provide guidance to the quality assurance teams, including development plans as agreed with the FSQR Manager, to ensure that tasks are completed to the required standard and efficiently; identifying weaknesses and providing training where appropriate
- Ensure all tasks are documented in procedures and fully understood by the quality assurers
- Co-ordinate the quality and specification consistency across all three primary processing plants ensuring all specifications are fit for purpose and meet all customer quality, company food safety and legal requirements.
- Attend new product development trials and first production runs for accountable areas ensuring that the process continues to align to specifications and compliance checks are effective for launch
- Monitor, review and report any trends that may occur from data generated
- Assist with the preparation of the site for audits and effectively close out any corrective actions and recommendations thereafter
- Conduct internal audits of site systems procedures and assist in the review of procedures and where necessary generate and implement new procedures
- Ensure HACCP studies are conducted for all aspects within the accountable area and that studies are reviewed annually or when changes occur or following an FSQ site incident
- Degree or equivalent in scientific discipline, preferably food technology, science, microbiology or bacteriology OR proven experience at manager level within a fast paced food manufacturer also considered
- Food industry experienced
- Proven experience of achieving results in quality assurance within food production, ideally in a fresh and short life products environment
- Experience of the management of HACCP and Quality Systems
- Experience of managing employees
- Excellent communication skills at all levels
- Problem solving
- Auditing skills
- Ability to work on own and within a team
- Ability to work under pressure
In return for your expertise and commitment, we will provide a fast paced stimulating international environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.
Interested? Send us your CV and cover letter in English today!
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/cargill