Multi Skilled Engineer
These roles are part of a maintenance team in a high volume FMCG environment. The MSE's will operate a 4 on 4 off shift pattern including days and nights (shift allowance to be included) and will involve overseeing the day to day maintenance of the equipment, assisting with installation and overseeing the creation of a preventative maintenance strategy.
All MSE's will be considered regardless of dominance in mechanical and electrical engineering.
My client is a global FMCG business that is in the process of creating its first operational plant in the UK. With existing operations in China and the US they already have a model of success and the UK site will be the key to allowing the business achieve significant growth in Europe.
The product manufactured is one that is used in everyday life and family homes and these roles offer the successful candidates the opportunity to build their career alongside a fantastic brand.
- Reporting directly to Maintenance Supervisor, responsible for wiring, managing and/or maintaining electrical devices in the plant.
- Provide technical expertise for the specification, purchase, installation and commissioning of electrical systems.
- Responsible for establishing PM and ensuring the PM complete in time for the MCC panels and electrical device.
- Technically supervise maintenance activities by 3rd party contractors and provide technical support to operations on electrical problems.
- Analyse data, troubleshoot performance, conduct root cause analysis, and make recommendations to improve power supply reliability.
- Initiate scoping, cost estimates, and preliminary engineering design work for the development and initiation of "Authorization for Expenditures".
- Specify, evaluate and procure electrical components and systems for maintenance.
- Testing, evaluating, modifying and calibrating electrical device.
- Provide or summarise all necessary calculations, data sheets, drawings, requisitions, electrical manuals, and data/QA dossiers of electrical system.
- Support pre-startup safety audit operations.
- Responsible for updating the hardware that is used to maintain the network and servers; troubleshooting any network and connectivity issues; and providing solutions as quickly as possible for any error that occur.
- Responsible for the daily repair and maintenance duties on production and facility.
- Work out preventive maintenance plan and execute it.
- Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on engines, motors, pneumatic tools, convey or systems, and production machines; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, and engineering specifications; troubleshooting malfunctions.
- Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments.
- Removes defective parts by dismantling devices; using hoists, cranes, and hand and power tools examining form and texture parts.
- Determines changes in dimensional requirements of parts by inspecting used parts; using rules, calipers micrometers, and other measuring instruments.
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments by using hand tools, levels, plumb bobs, and straightedges.
- Controls downtime by informing production workers of routine preventive maintenance techniques; monitoring compliance.
- Fabricated repair parts by using machine shop instrumentation and equipment.
- Maintains equipment, parts, and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed equipment, parts, and supplies; placing expending orders; verifying receipt.
- Maintain accurate documentation of master equipment and equipment history database.
- Conserves maintenance resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results
- Provides mechanical maintenance information by answering questions and requests.
- Prepares mechanical maintenance reports by collecting, analysing, and summarising information and trends.
- Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Participate in upgrading of plant mechanic equipment and facilities, by summarising and verifying technical requirement, vendor datasheet, and performance insurance plan.
- Relative experience in a previous multi-skilled, mechanical, electrical engineering position. FMCG environment would be preferred but not essential.
- Qualifications to support either mechanical of electrical engineering.
- Strong working knowledge and hands on experience with rotating and static equipment.
- Ability to read and interpret process flow diagrams and P&ID's.
- Good communication skills.
- Willing to operate on a 4 on 4 off shift pattern (days and nights).
- Maintain a safe, legal and environmentally protective operation
Salary for the role is open for the right candidate but as a guideline the business is looking between £35,000-£40,000 + Shift Allowance.
If your salary expectations are higher please enquire within as the business is really looking for the highest quality maintenance professionals.