Interim Technical Manager (2344)
Role title: Interim Technical Manager (2344)
Location: North East
Salary: £competitive daily rate of pay
AIM recruitment have new opportunities for Interim Technical Manager’s to join leading food manufacturers across the UK.
Applications are invited from candidates with at least 5 years’ relevant food manufacturing experience as a technical manager and have the ability to build and motivate a strong team.
To achieve success in this position it is critical that the Technical Manager makes our client’s vision and values real within the technical team, practising and cascading the principles and philosophies.
- Create added value for the business and help to achieve sustainable competitive advantage by satisfying the demands and needs of customers, whilst implementing the operational and technical strategy that drives the low-cost agenda of the business.
- Manage your team in alignment with; Legal, Food Safety, Customer, Company and other best practice requirements to create, maintain and improve the integrity, food safety and quality of all products manufactured.
- To ensure site Hygiene Standards are met and any audits carried out.
- Able to provide advice, support and decision making to colleagues across the business in identifying, escalating and managing risks, dealing with incidents and working together to improve processes.
- Build, develop and lead a team of passionate colleagues to drive the quality agenda into all site processes.
- 3rd level qualification in a food related discipline e.g. Degree, Diploma etc.
- Experience in the application of 3rd party Food Safety Standards and the accreditation process eg BRC.
- Excellent organisational and project management skills, including the ability to identify, implement and lead change on site through challenging, leading and influencing managers and cross-functional teams on specific projects
- Experience of dealing with a major retailer and knowledge of their Technical Policies / Systems.
- Pragmatic individual who takes on responsibility and accountability to get the job done.