To provide a site based resource to lead the development of production processes and be the bridge between the NPD, Technical and Operations functions.
Market Leading FMCG Business
- Manage the critical path once products are handed over from NPD.
- Engage with key stakeholders across the site and communicate any issues.
- To ensure the Development process is followed and that each stage is completed accurately, documented and communicated through to key stake holders.
- Attend site feasibility meetings and highlight any processes that are concerning, require validating or not possible in addition to considering if the product quality can be maintained through scale up.
- Following the feasibility meeting, complete any trials to assess the feasibility prior to presenting concepts to the customer.
- Organise all elements of the factory trial including ordering materials and liaising with the relevant functions.
- To capture all relevant trial data and complete all trial paperwork.
- Organise product panels following trials with the relevant functions to assess the product quality following scale up.
- Organise and send products off for nutritional and microbiological testing.
- Represent the NPD department on the HACCP Team and have a thorough understanding of the site HACCP Process.
- Work with the packaging technologist to co-ordinate all Transit Trials to review the suitability of the packaging
- Host factory related customer sign off meetings.
- Co-ordinate all elements of the PPR including internal preparation, paperwork and customer facing.
- Work with the Planning department to organise product launches.
- Attend all launches and customer face.
- Consider and validate any process opportunities to take cost out of both existing product and new concepts through a commercially minded development approach.
- Validate any new processes to the factory.
- Where product improvements are necessary that do not impact recipe, drive and deliver projects ensuing all stakeholders are kept up to date.
- To attend regular site launch meetings and run the Process section.
Need this person to be flexible and work with business demands
Must be able to drive.
Must be able to communicate across all levels from the shop floor, to the MD.
Needs to have an operational mind set and expert knowledge of manufacturing machinery.
Food Safety L3 or above
- 1 years experience in a similar role or expert knowledge of meat manufacturing machinery in manufacturing and packing areas
- Experience of managing people and processes
- Have an operational mind set
- Expert knowledge of manufacturing machinery and packing areas
- Expert of the concept to launch process
- Able to drive
- Excellent computer skills
- Able to make quick decisions, manage critical path
- Able to communicate at all levels including customers, managers, and operational colleagues
Core hours Mon - Fri 08:00 - 17:00