Shift Team Leader (Days)
Shift Team Leader (Days)
Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With over 150 years of experience, Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
Cargill’s Cocoa plant in Liverpool is a production facility at the hub of the UK confectionary industry. As part of our Cocoa and Chocolate business we produce a full range of milk, white and plain chocolate in bulk liquid and compound form used in various applications for customers in the confectionery, biscuit, bakery and dairy industries.
We are looking to appoint a Shift Team Leader to co-ordinate production, warehouse activities and plan all customer delivery requirements. The position holder will provide day to day supervision of the shift team and actively participate in operational initiatives and improvement projects.
- Ensure compliance to all company rules, policies and procedures
- Utilize all resources to meet operational, quality, customer service and supply chain demands
- Ensure adherence to process parameters and product specifications
- Conduct Root Cause Analysis on any operational non-conformances
- Participation in site project teams and continuous improvement
- Utilize Maximo for all engineering tasks request and approvals
- Conduct tool box talks and team briefings
- Supervision of production and warehouse operative, conducting performance reviews, employee training, first level disciplinary meetings and return to work interviews
- Ensure all EHS policies and procedures are followed
- Previous experience of working within a manufacturing environment ideally food or related industries
- Hands on experience of operating process equipment and automated process control systems
- Proven experience in QC analysis
- Food safety qualifications would be an advantage e.g. Foundation food hygiene certificate, HACCP (level2)
- Able to undertake safety risk assessments, permit to work and condition auditing
- Experience in Project improvement initiatives as part of a team
- Problem solving techniques and LEAN manufacturing skills
- Experience of safety systems including condition auditing, risk assessments and Permits To Work
- Team orientation and a collaborative working style
- Good IT skills
- Ability to multi task in a high pressure environment
- Mentoring and development of employees
In return for your expertise and commitment, we will provide a fast paced stimulating international environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.
Interested? Then please send us your CV and cover letter today.