Continuous Improvement Expert
Continuous Improvement Expert
Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package
Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With over 150 years of experience, Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
Cargill’s plant in Manchester is a production facility at the hub of the UK food and beverage industries. The plant and offices are part of Cargill’s starches and sweeteners business which produces sweeteners and wheat proteins for food customers. These include customers in the confectionery, brewing, beverage, dairy and bakery sectors.
The Continuous Improvement (CI) Expert will develop the CI culture and activities for Cargill’s plant in Manchester. The position holder will conduct activities related to portfolio leadership, governance and control, project deployment, culture development and business partnership. The position holder will provide comprehensive expertise in CI and lean manufacturing capabilities across the site whilst ensuring sustained productivity across manufacturing. We are looking for someone who will implement an aligned CI strategy by deploying the framework, programs, training, materials and resource required. The CI expert will report to the Manufacturing Excellence Lead who has responsibility across Maintenance & Reliability, Continuous improvement, Manufacturing Technologies and Engineering.
The key responsibilities for the Continuous Improvement Expert are;
- To provide leadership and direction to ensure the execution of CI strategies for the Manchester site
- To utilise knowledge and expertise to identify areas for stabilising or enhancing the performance of assets or processes that improve business results and sustain a productivity culture in the sit
- To continuously analyse and measure the effectiveness of applications, processes and procedures and recommend improvements
- Define and implement governance models to ensure improvement plans, methodologies and quality standards are consistently followed and to lead the site through CI processes
- Identify problems through advanced data analysis and to apply methodology to identify root causes and suggest solutions
- Validate the stated values from projects are delivered to Cargill’s bottom line
- Develop and maintain CI project score cards to ensure identified improvements are successfully implemented and results are communicated to site management
- To develop a CI culture change through toolkit/ training and sharing of best practice, advocacy and visible leadership
- Act as a subject matter expert to provide advanced advice and coach teams on CI, providing support for teams to be systematic in their approach to develop and improve processes and asset capabilities for sustainable long-term success
- Assess organisational readiness for the change and develop new capabilities or processes to support that change. . Work with location leadership to build accountability of CI culture, processes and projects and ensure alignment within the Manufacturing Excellence function around CI program goals, objectives, plan and approach to achieve operational YTY productivity targets.
- Challenge the status quo with location leadership and other stakeholders to explore new ways to analyze measure, execute and ultimately bring increased value to assets and processes
- Setting and managing the local budget
- Encompass accountability for performance management, talent development and coaching and development of the local CI team
- Proven knowledge of CI tools and capabilities including but not limited to LEAN, Six Sigma, Manufacturing Excellence, Root Cause Analysis
- Lean Six Sigma certified at minimum Green Belt ideally Master Black Belt
- Technical education or demonstrated success in process improvement
- Experience in CI based activities in an industrial environment
- Proven extensive success in developing, implementing and leading initiatives/project plans
- Ability to influence results with colleagues , management teams and contractors
- Proven understanding of an industrial environment and continuous production processes
- The ability to influence CI mentality and culture
- Able to facilitate meetings and events, written reports and presentations and project updates
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and other data / statistical analytical packages
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, listening, speaking, presenting and negotiating in fluent English
- A team player who is respectful and can teach and mentor and convince team members
- Degree in Engineering/ Project Management or closely related field – preferred
- Project management process knowledge – preferred
- Trained and experienced in developing and leading classroom training and train the trainer is beneficial but not essential
- Experience within chemical, food manufacturing especially starches processing is highly beneficial
- Execution of multiple continuous improvement events in production and business process areas – preferred
- Experience in managing direct reports and mentoring them on continuous improvement principles – preferred
In return for your expertise and commitment, we will provide a fast paced stimulating, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.
Interested? Then please send us your CV and cover letter today.