Quality Systems Manager
JOB TITLE: QUALITY SYSTEMS MANAGER
LOCATION: WEST SUSSEX )
BENEFITS: EXCELLENT BENEFITS
- To ensure Quality & Food safety practices across site are in line with customer and accreditation standards.
- To assist the Head of Quality/Quality Manager in all quality related tasks for a 7 day operation
- An exciting opportunity for you to develop into a Quality Manager position
- Site deputy for audits. Deputising Head of Quality
- RCA initiatives across site and in particular to encourage direct reports
- Lead, Direct, Support and Manage the Technical Coordinator and Senior Food Technologist
- Initiate training and team development on SAP and other management systems / labeling/ bartender, Marco, packaging verification system etc..,
- Responsible for completion of site risk assessments by using a multi functional team, eg:
- Allergen risk assessment (inclusive of nuts or Gluten Free etc..)
- Integrity and segregation risk assessment
- Packaging risk assessment
- Build strong relationships with the Senior Management & engineering team and support functions and contribute to all relevant improvement activities and projects on site
- Lead or assist the Quality manager during audits with all associated requirements
- Lead and carry out Audits in line with the internal auditing schedule and other audits required by the department e.g. Hygiene audits, Quality system audits etc. to ensure compliance and completion to schedule
- Communicate relevant, non-conforming issues to all managers and agree corrective actions within meeting structures
- In depth knowledge of Food Safety System (BRC, IFS,) HACCP, GMP and hygiene standards.
- Handling of any Food safety non-conforming raw material or finished goods ensuring correct escalation to management and that corrective actions are closed out along with Food safety Manager.
- Writing & training of food safety procedures to meet necessary BRC/customer accreditation requirements
- Main responsibility for document control and maintenance of site Quality Manual
- Maintain compliance to site and Customer KPI with timely submission of all reports and corrective actions involving all functions at the first indication of an emerging problem.
- Making sure smooth implementation for NPD launches.
- Active member of HACCP, TACCP and VACCP team
- Liaising with central SQMT team and responsible for site raw material and supplier assurance program
- Carry out gap analysis as per customer COP’s where required.
- Working alongside with Food safety manager and carrying out investigation of customer complaints
- You will bring an awareness of industry leading practices and will have strong communication and influencing skills to gain support for any new approaches you identify to be implemented at the site
- Any other relevant duties as requested by your line manager.
Key performance indicators
- Reduced quality failures (RFT)
- Customer and accreditation audits
- Complaint reduction
- Completion of site risk assessments in full, agreed and signed off by the customer
- Task completion and sharing best practice through our values
- Degree or appropriate educational level/experience in relevant science or technology subject
- QA experience within a food manufacturing environment – essential
- Appropriate Food safety and HACCP Qualifications
- Internal auditor training, Lead auditor (preferable)
- RCA trained
- Strong motivator and leader with a willingness to share best practice and work on the common look and feel principals
- Strong leadership and communication skills with interaction across the business with the central Quality functions
- Computer & office based work skills necessary but a hands on approach is essential in the production facility
- SAP preferable