Boortmalt Plant Manager – North Yorkshire
Boortmalt, the leading global maltster, are looking for an experienced Plant Manager for their important malt production facility at Knapton in North Yorkshire. This role will suit an experienced Production Manager, Maltings Manager, Brewery Manager, Mill Manager, Factory Manager or similar.
Boortmalt offer excellent ongoing career progression within their dynamic and growing business – if you have energy, production management skills, good people skills, and can work to high standards of operational excellence and would welcome the opportunity to work for a leading global business, then please do get in touch for further details. Call Margaret Wilkinson of Hunter Chase Consultants for a confidential discussion on 07921 454473.
The Plant Manager will be based at Knapton, North Yorkshire, and will oversee the operation of the plant and set strategic goals ensuring the highest quality of product is delivered at economic cost in line with business objectives.
Main responsibilities will include overseeing and managing the following:
- The production process including barley supply, excellence in malt production, malt storage and dispatch
- Quality and HSE – including Group quality systems, and improvement initiatives
- To lead, motivate, direct and develop the site team (around 20 staff) to deliver and create a results orientated environment with mutual trust, confidence and respect which are important parts of the Boortmalt culture.
- Financial – prepare and operate within annual budgets, including capital expenditure, and plant and equipment maintenance.
- Ensure compliance with legal and statutory obligations including SHE, HACCP, Environmental, Food Safety and Employment Legislation.
- Implement Group reporting and administer the policies, procedures and requirements of the business.
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in Agriculture/Foods/Science/Engineering preferred or equivalent by experience.
- Minimum 5 years in a managerial operational function ideally in Malting industry or Agriculture or Food or Brewing.
- Team management experience, able to motivate others.
- Fully familiar with Continuous Improvement principles, KPI’s, Energy Management, Process visualisation, Budgeting and Total Safety.
- Familiarity with Assured Standards, OHSAS18001, ISO14001 & ISO 9001, ISO 50001, Femas, CRM and HACCP – preferred but not all essential.
Location - Knapton in North Yorkshire
Salary - Attractive salary package including company car, performance related bonus, profit sharing scheme, pension and income protection. Relocation assistance available on request.
Please call Margaret Wilkinson of Hunter Chase Consultants on 07921 454473 for full details and the role profile, or email your interest by clicking the apply button below.