Health Safety and Environment Advisor HSE
Health, Safety & Environment Advisor, Carluke, Food Manufacturing Company
An opportunity for an experienced Health, Safety & Environment Advisor has arisen for a Food Manufacturer based in Carluke. Reporting directly to the Operations Director, the successful candidate will be responsible for driving the Health, Safety and Environment agendas on site, providing advice, guidance and support to key stakeholders.
- To develop and maintain business strategy and plan in relation to Health, Safety Environmental Policy.
- To advise, support and work with all members of the management team ensuring our business operates in a manner which is safe and complies with all relevant Health & Safety and Environmental legislation.
- To maintain and develop the existing Safety Management system and work towards Company accreditation - OHSAS 18001 and Environmental ISO 14001.
- To liaise with external bodies/agencies on Health & Safety and Environmental issues, such as the Health & Safety Executive, Insurance Company, etc.
- Drive behavioural change campaigns to improve resource efficiency in relation to water, energy and waste.
- To ensure all necessary documentation and procedures in the 'Safety Management System' are maintained in the correct format, thus complying with legislation and best practice, e.g. Accident Book and Investigatory Reports.
The Ideal Candidate:
- A "can do" and "in this together" approach is a must
- The ability to think creatively when approaching business challenges
- NEBOSH General Certificate
- A formal environmental qualification is desirable, such as IEMA
- Previous experience as a Health and Safety Practitioner, ideally within a food manufacturing environment or similar
- Excellent written and verbal skills
Salary: £25,000 - £29,000 doe
To Apply: Please press the 'apply' button
*Due to the amount of applications received, only those who our client wishes to progress will be contacted. If you have not received correspondence within 21 days, then please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Thank you for reading this advertisement.
This role may be of interest to the following: HSE Advisor, Health Safety and Environmental Advisor, HSE Adviser, Coordinator, Manager, H&S Manager, HSE Manager, Quality, Hygiene, Environmental Manager, Health and Safety Officer, Production, Manufacturer, FMCG, Operations, Carluke, Glasgow, Edinburgh, Livingston, Hamilton, East Kilbride, Lanarkshire