NPD Technologist / Product Development Technologist
NPD Technologist, Carluke, Food Manufacturing Company
Due to business growth, two NPD Technologist opportunities have arisen in an NPD team based in Carluke.
Reporting directly to the Head of NPD, they require one Consumer technologist who will be customer facing, and one Business to Business technologist. The successful candidates will be responsible for managing assigned NPD project briefs from concept to production within their remit.
- To manage & co-ordinate NPD project portfolio, from formulation to plant approval, working closely with the Process Manager as & when projects require support and prior to production handover.
- Technologists will be assigned the approved project brief portfolio, working with the Head of NPD in order to write up Critical Paths for each to ensure the brief and product launch timeframes are achieved.
- The Technologist will be responsible for managing the day to day progression of each project within their portfolio. This will involve coordinating and actioning all activities on the Critical Path.
- Ensure any C&R Developments are cost effective, right quality, delivering brand values and operational efficiencies.
The Ideal Candidate:
- A solid grounding in Food Technology, both in formulation experience and understanding of food process. A degree in Food Science is desirable.
- NPD experience within an FMGC company
- Demonstrable experience of successful product launches, on time and to customer requirements.
- A self-starter, the ability to work autonomously and with a high degree of initiative.
- A real 'foodie', someone who is enthusiastic, innovative and keen to keep up to date with new trends within the industry.
- Good understanding of program / project management with the ability to multi-task and prioritise effectively to achieve internal and external deadlines.
- Relevant experience of working with retail branded products and interface with the major retail customers would be highly beneficial.
- This position will involve some travel and working away from home from time to time, and a flexible approach will be needed to enable this.
- Packaging experience would also be beneficial.
Salary: £25,000-29,000 doe
To Apply: Please press the 'apply' button
*Due to the amount of applications received, only those who our client wishes to progress will be contacted. If you have not received correspondence within 21 days, then please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Thank you for reading this advertisement.
This role may be of interest to the following: NPD Technologist, Food Technologist, Process Technologist, New Product Development Technician, QA Assistant, Technical Developer, Product Developer, Quality, R&D, Food Manufacturing Drink and Beverage, Production, Manufacturer, FMCG, Operations, Carluke, Glasgow, Edinburgh, Livingston, Hamilton, East Kilbride, Lanarkshire