Quality Management Trainee
Quality Management Trainee
Starting salary: £28,500 plus benefits
Cargill is a unique place to grow your career, your experience and your abilities. Every day, we grow our reputation as a leading international producer of food, agricultural, financial and industrial products and services. We take pride in our global reach, ability to contribute, and strong work ethics and values. Founded in 1865, Cargill is a privately held company and employs 150,000 people in 70 countries. Through innovation, creativity and teamwork, we are transforming entire markets and people’s lives worldwide, and we can have the same impact on your career. Discover how working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive at www.cargill.com.
Cargill’s portfolio of refined vegetable oils allows our customers in food manufacturing, retail, catering and food services to create a wide range of tasty, nutritious food products. We partner with our customers in order to develop innovative products and solutions together to help them meet their consumer’s requirements.
Cargill’s European Graduate Programme offers a two year development opportunity as a management trainee on a permanent contract. The development program offers unique job learning experiences plus personal development through mentorship and soft skills training. During your training period as a Quality Graduate you will apply your technical expertise and leadership potential in a hands-on environment. Early on, you will be responsible for a significant part of the production process and for the people that make it happen. You will be expected to contribute to productivity, quality and process improvement. Your success is determined by your capability to develop leadership skills.
- Early responsibility for food safety, product quality and regulatory compliance
- To conduct sampling, testing and auditing of products and raw materials to ensure compliance to government, customer and internal standards
- Promote the development of a food safety culture
- Monitor the plant operations for compliance to behavioural standards related to food/ feed safety and quality
- Inspect plant operations
- Assists with the design and execution of routine laboratory work
- Analytical support for process teams to aid troubleshooting an optimisation
- Lead multi-functional teams to aid troubleshooting and optimisation
- Comprehensive induction to Cargill including full safety training
Alongside this training you will also become a part of our European Graduate Programme where for the duration of your Quality Management Traineeship. You will complete the following modules at various Cargill locations across Europe. This will be alongside other functions such as commercial and financial:
- Introduction to Cargill
- Working in Teams
- Communication Skills
- Global Mindset and Cultural Awareness
- Problem Solving and Decision Making
- 2 further technical training sessions
What else do we offer as part of this role?
- Starting salary - £28,500
- Private medical insurance
- Stakeholder Pension Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Extensive Learning and Development opportunities
- Mentoring Programme
- Expected grade or recent graduate 2:2 or above in a relevant Science degree
- Preferred Subjects: Food Technology, Biotechnology, Biochemistry, Chemistry, Microbiology or Quality Assurance
- Some operational experience (i.e. a work placement) – preferred
- We are looking for individuals who have the ability to take on responsibility from the start and want to gain hands on experience by being proactive
- The ability to work well in a multi-cultural, cross functional team
- Knowledge of IT systems
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- You must be curious and passionate to learn
- Possess strong communications skills (fluency in English written and verbal) with the ability to interact successfully with a wide range of people across all areas of our operations e.g. Production operators, Finance, Environmental Health & Safety etc.
- A strong interest in our business, our industry and, in particular, the position you've applied fo
- Willingness to travel and flexibility to relocate- travel to Hull will be required on a regular basis
In return for your expertise and commitment, we will provide a fast paced stimulating international environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.
Interested? Then please send us your CV and cover letter today.
The next stage of our process for shortlisted candidates is a video screening to assess and rate your responses to a series of online questions. If you are successful at the video screening stage then you will be invited to participate in an assessment centre at one of our facility in Liverpool. The assessment runs for a full day and consists of a range of activities where you get to show us more about yourself and how you work both individually and in a small group.
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/cargill
Should you have any questions or difficulty applying for this role please email Lilyana_Tsolova@cargill.com