Automation Engineer - Control & Instrumentation - Siemens
My client is a leading FMCG manufacturer with an excellent reputation, currently undergoing a period of sustained investment and growth. We are looking for a high calibre Automation Engineer with a desire to develop your career and play a key role in the ongoing success of the business.
- Degree / Diploma in an Engineering discipline (E&A, or similar).
- Electrical qualifications in line with UK standards.
- Evidence of the ability to lead and coach.
- Continuous Improvement knowledge and experience.
- Proven Siemens PLC programming skills (S7).
- Experienced with Ethernet, Profibus/net, As-i bus, WinCC and ideally B&R automation PLC’s & Servocontrollers.
- Experience of working is highly automated manufacturing environments.
- Experience of being responsible for all aspects of automation breakdowns and maintenance on high speed production lines.
- The ability to analyse machinery from a continuous improvement perspective, how it is functioning, see potential improvements, and then interrogate the PLC program and make the necessary adjustments to ladder.
- Experience of ensuring that automation back-up systems are kept fully up-to-date.
- Working knowledge of current regulations (UK).
- Logical approach to breakdown analysis (fault finding / problem solving), pro-active maintenance and improvement work, who can demonstrate a sense of urgency whilst never compromising safety or product quality.
- Based at a world class state-of-the-art manufacturing factory, you will be working in a fast paced manufacturing environment and be instrumental in providing ongoing Engineering support across the site.
- You will be responsible for all aspects of automation breakdowns and maintenance on a number of high speed fully automated production lines.
- Support for manufacturing operations (fault escalations, breakdown & process failures).
- Support for projects including improvement projects & new product / packaging implementations).
- Implementation of maintenance and projects activities including development of team members in continuous improvement activities, technical development of team members, upgrades from OEM’s, implementation of standards, coaching and team development, membership of improvement teams, implementation of strategic projects, membership of cross functional teams for process improvement and investment.
- You will help to identify training needs across the site and develop appropriate training plans in order to develop the Engineering Team’s automation skills.
- You will ensure that all work is undertaken in accordance with business standards and compliant with Health & Safety, GMP and food safety/quality standards.
My client is able to offer a basic salary of c. £45,000 dependent on experience, plus an excellent benefits packaging including bonus, pension, healthcare and relocation assistance for the right candidate.
To apply for the role, please send your CV and salary details to Expion Search & Selection using the ‘Apply Now’ button. If you would like to have a confidential discussion on the role, you can contact Andrew Jagger, Associate Director Food & FMCG Division quoting job reference AJ 3388.
All CVs will be acknowledged.