My client is a successful Food Manufacturer with a reputation for supplying a quality service to customers. Now an excellent opportunity arises to join the team...
Reporting to the Site Director, you will be responsible for managing the technical support team in Milton Keynes, ensuring the site is compliant with all quality, legal and safety standards.
This is a key customer facing role within the business and the successful candidate requires good interpersonal and communication skills. Previous experience in a similar technical role and understanding of Tesco TFMS is desirable.
A brief outline of your main duties includes:
• Maintaining and developing the existing technical systems and procedures to ensure the high internal and customer/legislative expectations are met or exceeded at all times.
• Ensuring the site is compliant with BRC, TFMS and other customer requirements
• Monitoring, trending and communicating customer complaints. Where necessary, jointly with internal/external teams agreeing, implementing and monitoring required corrective action plans to rectify the situation.
• Ensuring the correct management and issuing of all controlled documents and internal specifications.
• Managing and developing the internal audit schedule to comply with customer/ third party audit requirements.
• Co-ordinating where applicable strategic trail/project work to meet customer/business requirements. Proactively working in conjunction with the NPD team to assist with business development programmes.
• Working with the relevant Technical/Hygiene Managers and NPD teams to prepare and manage customer/third party audits, including traceability analysis. Where necessary to include timely preparation of all launch documentation.
• Where necessary attending customer/local authority meetings either locally or off site.
• Managing and developing all members of the QA team through the auditing function.
• Managing agreed departmental budget.
• Hosting and supporting site visits.
• Monthly KPI reports / GTM reports.
The ideal candidate will be confident at dealing with people at all levels of the business, have a track record of developing teams, able to work on own initiative within a pressurised environment and have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. You will have experience of working at management level within a fast-paced food environment, hold a food safety qualification to degree level (or equivalent) and HACCP systems and Review (HACCP Team leader) minimum Level 3 in HACCP manufacturing.
35 Days Holidays including back holidays
5% matching Pension
If you are interested in this position then please forward a copy of your most up to date CV to email@example.com or contact Andrew Donaldson on 0131 226 5060.