QA Supervisor (12 Month Contract)
Our client are a privately owned, independent ambient food manufacturing company based in London who produce products for the major supermarkets in the UK & Europe.
A job opportunity has now become available for a Quality Assurance Supervisor to join their team.
- Ensuring we follow procedures in compliance with the applicable food regulations and organic standards.
You will play a key part in
- Reviewing and creating procedures, policies and documentation necessary for the development and maintenance of the sound QMS in preparation for the BRC Agents and Brokers certification
- Working closely with our suppliers including suppliers of services to ensure safety, legality, quality and authenticity of the company branded products
- Ongoing development of our internal database in conjunction with the IT team to create a robust product data and supplier management system
- Assessment of the potential product and supply chain risks and active contribution to resolving non-conformities
You will be working within the QA/ Technical Team consisting of 4 people in total
- Ensuring safety, legality, authenticity and quality of the company branded products
- Undertaking the necessary communication with our suppliers, reviewing and approving suppliers’ quality assurance documentation (product specifications, HACCP plans, supplier questionnaires, certificates of analysis, suppliers’ third party certificates, etc.) to ensure compliance with the applicable regulations and agreed specifications
- Keeping the relevant records and following working procedures to demonstrate due diligence
- Maintaining and updating product database based on the newly acquired information and ensuring that our product specifications are accurate and up to date
- Undertaking product QC checks, monitoring, reporting, investigating and closing the non-conformities
- Working closely with the Product Development team to ensure the compliance of the final product and the product label
- Assisting with the enquiries from the Sales Team and the trade customers for the technical information, customer questionnaires completion, new line forms, certificates of analysis
- Assisting with the customer queries and complaints and analyzing them for significant trends
- Actively participating in HACCP meetings and keeping up to date with the emerging trends in the fields of food safety and regulatory compliance
- Participating in maintaining the relevant third party certifications (Organic, Demeter, Vegan, Kosher)
Interested? Then click the apply button today, or contact Rob Salter for further information on 01233 223 712 / email@example.com
All Applicants must have the right to work in the UK or hold the appropriate work permit.