About the company
Having farmed organically for more than 30 years, Daylesford brings the best of the seasons from our farm to your fork, combining the freshest ingredients with artisan skills and a little flair to create award-winning organic food that is as good as it tastes. Daylesford works with the seasons to rear contented animals, grow fruit and vegetables, and make award-winning cheeses, bread and cakes - all ready to be enjoyed in Daylesford's kitchen, or yours.
At Daylesford we're in love with food. We want to grow, farm, produce and sell food according to sustainable principles, and in harmony with the environment. We’re also one of the most sustainable farms in the UK.
Daylesford is always looking for committed, passionate people to join our talented team.
The technical team is responsible for ensuring consistent quality and safety across all our ranges, a vital and exciting team to be in, making sure we protect our treasured artisan techniques and organic sourcing as the business grows. Being a small team, we need to be independent and efficient covering our diverse product range. We’re part of the Product and Innovation team alongside buying and packaging making sure our agenda is at the core of the business.
About the Role
In this influential role you shall take ownership of the technical function across our retail stores to ensure not only are we producing great products but also safe products in alignment with our strict procedures. Working closely with the London Operations Director, London Executive Chef and Store Managers you shall ensure adherence to the latest legislation. You’ll also monitor our artisan production units who are at the very heart of Daylesford, managing their technical documentation.
You’ll ensure compliance to the latest food safety legislation, having the following responsibilities in particular:
- Preparing our stores for annual Soil Association audits
- Completing internal inspections and documentation audits, providing a report to each Manager
- Monitoring food hygiene/safety training records
- Monitoring, investigating and responding to customer complaints
- Providing administrative support
We’re looking for a food technologist with a real eye for detail. You must be a good communicator and have confidence to approach Managers as well as the shop floor team. To deliver continuous improvement in the technical team this will mean you shall have:
- Ability to manage and being able to prioritise responsibilities (every day is different!)
- The ability to work on your own initiative within a pressurised, fast-paced environment
- Must be prepared to go the extra mile to ensure a rigorous approach to technical and compliance issues, developments and legislation.
- Data analysis and process development skills, not dependent on “big company” systems to plan and manage your capacity and workload.
1) Minimum 3 years’ in industry with previous experience in a technical or quality function
2) Relevant Food Science degree
3) Intermediate HACCP Certificate
4) Intermediate Food Hygiene Certificate(Level 3)