Multi Skilled Engineer
To support the engineering team on site and look after the plant and building fabric. You will also assist the production staff in order to help ensure that production lines continue to function as required.
I'm pleased to be representing a FMCG food business that has been around for over a century. They are market leaders within there competitive sector and aim to continue expanding with more demand being placed with new consumer trends.
- Receive requests for assistance by telephone/radio and discuss these with the caller in order to identify the nature of the problem and potential solution.
- To carry out planned maintenance on various machinery and plant.
- Strip machines in order to identify faults.
- Acquire appropriate parts from the store, or ensure these are ordered so that repairs can be completed as soon as possible.
- Where downtime is likely, assess the amount of time required to complete the repair and advise the operator concerned so that he or she can plan accordingly.
- Replace parts where necessary and assemble machines within agreed timescales and to the manufacturer's standard.
- Test repairs as appropriate or ensure that operators do so in order to confirm that the machines concerned are working correctly following repair.
- Input details of all work done into the relevant computer database so that machine reliability and maintenance costs can be accurately measured.
- Participate in the installation of new equipment or movement of existing equipment as required.
- To design and fabricate equipment as and when required.
- To carry out upkeep of the building and plant equipment.
- To carry out testing of the fire alarm system and respond to fire alarms.
- To assist in training of engineering & production staff.
- To carry out engineering work of site at any Mack premises as required.
- Ensure daily and weekly KPIs are met.
- Comply with all relevant Company policies and procedures, including but not limited to Health, Safety & Well being Policy, Equal Opportunities, Diversity & Dignity at Work Policy and Hygiene Policy.
- HNC in Electrical engineering or electrical engineering apprenticeship
- Knowledge of motors and how these are powered in addition to the related mechanical problems that can arise.
- Current electrical wiring (17th Edition) standards and industrial machine control and safety circuit knowledge and experience
- Additional experience of working in a variety of backgrounds and with a range of production machinery and electrical installations in an industrial environment.
- Health and Safety, specifically: Machinery Directive; PUWER; COSHH; Electricity at Work Act
- Experience of working in the fresh produce industry
On offer is a Salary of between £30k - £35K Shift based Plus Package.