An exciting opportunity has become available for a Logistics Manager to join a distribution plant in the London area. Part of a importing business this company imports and exports an impressive range of meats. They are looking for an individual who can strengthen their senior management team with the objective of overseeing the goods in, warehouse and despatch departments.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Driving a high performing team to assist with year on year growth
- Responsible for setting and achieving departmental budgets
- Devise and implement strategic business improvements and cost saving initiatives
- Develop your teams KPI’s based on business objectives
- Improving on delivery league times to ensure minimal late/missed deliveries
- Overseeing the resource planning, vehicle standards and ensuring compliance to legal transport procedures.
The successful candidate will come from a food industry background and have a significant track record of delivering results in a senior management logistics, warehouse or transport capacity. You will clearly be able to demonstrate achieving critical objectives and embedding a culture of continuous improvement within your teams. You will be a structured, self-starter with a positive attitude and the ability to get those around you to buy in to your ideas.
If you feel you have the right skills to play an integral part of this organisation and would like to find out more about this exciting opportunity please follow the links below