Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer
Multi Skilled Engineers, Leigh, Lancashire, Food Manufacturing Company
A leading Food Manufacturing Company have a fantastic opportunity for 3 Multi-skilled Engineers to join the engineering team at their manufacturing site in Leigh. They are an exciting business where they are passionate about growing our brands in the UK and Internationally.
One of their key strengths is their 'small company' culture of close teamwork and camaraderie. Yet they have big brands to be proud of and offer great career routes and opportunities.
The role involves working as part of a very proactive maintenance team who pride themselves on their ability to not only find a quick solution to problems but to also provide long term solutions to prevent the re-occurrence of issues. You will play a key role in production line improvements and will have your engineering skills tested daily.
Key Accountabilities include:
- Providing both reactive and planned preventative maintenance.
- Maintaining a variety of production machinery including conveyors, packing equipment, labelling equipment as well as cooking and processes machinery.
- Assisting with the installation and commissioning of new equipment.
- Supporting all manufacturing teams to complete production plans and maintain customer service levels.
- Actively identify and implement plans to eliminate unnecessary losses such as cost, waste and inefficiencies.
- Adhering to the highest standards of health and safety and GMP.
The Ideal Candidate:
- A time served engineer to ONC/HNC level or above
- Experience of working within an FMCG environment - cope well in a highly pressurised environment
- Excellent communication skills, able to build positive relationships with production teams
- A strong electrical background with experience of PLC systems would be advantageous (60/40 electrically biased).
- A sound knowledge of workplace Health and Safety.
- Flexible - willing to work weekends and extended hours in line with business needs.
Shift Pattern: 4 on 4 off (2 days 2 nights)
Salary: £41,500 + Benefits
To Apply: Please press the 'apply' button
*Due to the amount of applications received, only those who our client wishes to progress will be contacted. If you have not received correspondence within 21 days, then please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Thank you for reading this advertisement.
This role may be of interest to the following: Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer, Electrical Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, Electrician, Mechanic, Multiskilled, Supervisor, Team Leader, PPM, Food Manufacturing, FMCG, Production, Manufacturer, Operations, Leigh, Wigan, Manchester, Bolton, Warrington, Lancashire