This role will play a central part in the Technical and Manufacturing teams. The Quality Manager will work closely with the Operations team to conduct Route Cause Analysis into customer complaints and other quality data and not only devise Corrective Actions within the manufacturing process but also coach and develop the manufacturing team to have a more proactive approach to Quality.
My client are specialists and market leaders in their field. Based near Slough they have gone through significant change and growth over the last two years and again are looking to build their team.
This role will entail;
- Carry out safety reviews and risk assessments on quality procedures
- Manage the Quality Department and ensure Quality Management systems are in place for products to meet product specifications
- Manage the customer complaint system
- Manage an efficient Process Improvement system
- Train key individuals in operations, technical, administrative and finance areas on how to conduct Root Cause analysis and develop and implement corrective and preventive actions
- Establish and maintain Quality Systems to the latest industry thinking
- Rigorously analyse quality trends using SPC and use to determine current process capability and quality control procedures
- Develop, implement and maintain raw materials specifications
- Devise and improve plant quality plan including evaluation of raw materials, evaluation of first off production, establishment of quality control parameters, final sign off of production, etc.
- Build relations with Key Customers through effective Quality/Technical dialogue
- Ensure Quality System is effective through the maintenance of ISO9000 registration through internal, Supplier and Customer Audits and corrective action plans.
- Compile and present weekly/monthly reports
- Work with Suppliers to resolve Quality concerns and initiate improvements where needed
- Raise claims on Suppliers for defective materials.
- Lead the BRC system on site
- Provide quality training where required
- Line manage the quality technicians and the Laboratory & Materials Manager
- Make sure that GMP practices are followed in the lab
The suitable candidate will be able to express examples in the following areas;
- Quality qualification or experience in lieu
- Proven management skills
- Significant experience in a quality/ TQM environment
- Competent use of computerised statistical analysis tools (Minitab)
- Experience of using SPC system such as SPC Light or Infinity
This role offers a Quality Professional to take ownership of quality within a high speed, high volume FMCG manufacturing business. There is also a competitive salary and package;
£40,000 - £45,000pa + package