Maintenance Manager (FMCG)
Maintenance Manager - Managing a team of engineers on a day to day basis. Must be competent with Electrical and Mechanical Maintenance, Personnel Management and the introduction of new processes into an existing team and operation.
Our client is an international business that specialises in a niche sector of non food FMCG. The business is looking at stabilising their maintenance team and driving best practice whilst also continuing to follow a well planned growth model.
- Building up a maintenance team out of existing team members and required new staff.
- Responsible for repair and upkeep of the Company's site including all equipment and machinery.
- Pro-actively lead and motivate the team of Maintenance Engineers to ensure excellent standards of maintenance and preventative maintenance.
- Assisting the movement of an existing operation
- Analysis, optimization and design of machines and machines processes.
- Development and planning of machine controls.
- Cost effectively plan, implement, manage and take responsibility for the responsive and planned maintenance of machinery.
- Documentation of work and results, working with KPI's.
- Understanding of 5s and implementation.
- Regularly inspect the facilities.
- Manage maintenance expenditure and budget and supply senior management with regular updates.
- Manage periodic safety inspection of all tools and safety equipment, maintaining records and where required, replace defective items.
- Energy management.
- Maintain health and safety in-line with current regulations.
- Respond quickly to any emergencies.
- General awareness and involvement of site housekeeping.
- Check faults are recorded/reported and respond immediately to equipment breakdown.
- Maintain the various stock levels and ensure that stock levels are not above or below the pre-agreed limits and keep Accounts informed.
- Responsible for all aspects of the day to day people management within the Maintenance team including coaching, mentoring, change management, recruitment, performance management, absence and discipline.
- Rota Management - manage and maintain a balanced team to cover the workload and ensure there is adequate cover for 24/7 operations.
- Plan, direct and control the efforts of the Maintenance Team.
- Delegate work responsibilities amongst the team.
- Other work on instruction
The suitable person will be a highly skilled multi skilled engineer who can operate reactively and proactively. The business is open to candidates from all sectors but those from Heavy Engineering, Aggregates, Recycling and Manufacturing would be preferable.
- Proven ability to lead team and build internal processes.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and a highly-organised approach
- Programming of PLC's e.g. Step7
- Creation and revision of wiring diagrams e.g. EPLAN
- Well-grounded knowledge MS office, especially Excel
- Previous roles will have been in maintenance with an FMCG business with a high focus around machinery.
Please note that this not a facilities maintenance position.
This role offers the candidate the opportunity to join an exciting and growing business based in Dartford. The role will also allow the candidate to develop as part of the international team and involve themselves in significant engineering projects.
Salary is dependant on experience and all candidate's CV's that express the requirements shown above will be considered.