2 days left
- Contract Type
Botanic Lab are a small, rapidly growing company producing pioneering cold-pressed drinks that have taken the market by storm in the last 2 years, selling in premium retail outlets. Botanic Lab is a leader in the cold-pressed juice market and is widely viewed as the most innovative brand in a rapidly evolving space.
They need the help of an enthusiastic person who will do whatever it takes to ensure their customers get the best quality product delivered to budget and on time. It is currently run as a small business but is growing rapidly due to winning new and drastically increasing production volumes. This is in addition to a burgeoning online business that services customers spanning sports personalities, actors and nutritionists alike.
The successful candidate:
The position is for a Production Manager in a small factory who will be solely responsible for managing the production function of the factory and will be integrally involved with the planning, coordination and control of manufacturing processes.
They will be relying on this person to run production as if it was his/her own business so this person will be responsible for everything that happens from receiving an order to getting the product produced and delivered in the most efficient and cost-effective manner. This is very much a hands-on position rather than “sitting at a desk”.
The position will initially be based in Acton London W3 but within 12 months the factory will relocate to the Milton Keynes area - We are looking for someone who could either work with the team for 9 to 12 months until we relocate OR for someone who would be able to relocate with the team in 1st Qtr 2018.
Previous Essential skills / experience required :
· Previously managed and helped a small production team (direct and agency labour);
· Several years of experience in the fresh drinks or food category;
· KPI management i.e. process, quality, performance improvements, areas of cost reduction, site rationalisation etc.
Responsibilities will include :
· Ensure that production plans are optimal and achievable prior to being issued. Review the weekly plan and ensure production is geared-up to achieve it.
· Manage and motivate the 3 production staff ensuring that they are sufficiently skilled and capable of fulfilling the requirements of their roles. Perform regular appraisals which identify areas of weakness and results in improved performance.
· Conduct daily production meetings at the start of the day, review daily performance and resolve day-to-day problems.
· Monitor production efficiency (OEE) and produce performance information. Use downtime and efficiency analysis to drive continuous improvement in the factory. Closely monitor yields
· Ensure that all technical procedures and policies are robustly adhered to in production and that all documentation is completed. Conduct regular technical (GMP) audits. Maintain HACCP and Food safety files
· Maintain high standards of safety within production and actively encourage a safe culture. Conduct regular safely audits and ensure that all production staff is aware of their legal safety responsibilities and Health and Safety policy.
· Producing detailed waste analysis for materials, work in progress, and finished product. Establish and maintain collection and weighing areas for waste product and communicate waste figures to staff and management.
· Prepare annual cost budgets for the factory and manage the production function against those budgets for a given level of volume. Where possible minimise costs within production and ensure that financial targets are met or surpassed.
Personal Attributes include :
· Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) – with the ability to communicate clearly and persuasively
· A brilliant relationship builder, this is really important in maintaining a high level of service and quality
- An organised approach to working, the ability to work in a logical and systematic manner;
- Good planning and organisational skills
· Able to work in a fast paced and challenging environment as well as demonstrate the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- High accuracy and attention to detail
· Mathematical ability, to work with figures and budgets
· Computer literate and confident using computer packages such as spreadsheets and databases
· Good business sense; i.e. commercially minded
- Have the ability to act decisively;
- The ability to grasp concepts easily and excellent problem-solving capabilities.
· Small, rapidly growing independent specialist company
· Innovative Market Leader
· High standards of quality – set up by respected professionals in the sector.
· Company experiencing growth and market leader / innovator in their niche area
· The site holds SALSA accreditation
· Supplies high end retailers and foodservice customers eg Harrods, Ocado, All Bar One, Selfridges, Compass
If you are a self-starter who is happy to be hands-on and able to balance workloads against changing priorities with energy and enthusiasm, then this could be the job for you. The role is based at our client’s site in London
This is an excellent opportunity to grow with a dynamic, expanding company.
The role attracts a salary up to £35k depending on experience with the opportunity to progress. The North Acton site operates 06:30 – 16:30 5 days a week; though due to growth a flexible approach to working is required. The new team member will have to work outside of normal office hours or unsociable hours from time to time in order to undertake their duties and take on more responsibility.
If this sounds like the sort of challenge you would thrive on, please apply AS SOON AS POSSIBLE quoting reference number JJ-BL003 with an updated CV, an indication of your current salary and your availability.
Please note your CV will be sent to and reviewed directly by Botanic Lab who will be responsible for updating you on the progress of your application.
Apply for Production Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly