Global Technical Manager (Certification Business)
This is an exciting and dynamic business that provides an extensive range of external services to the food manufacturing and food retail sector. With an impressive client base consisting of many well-known leading UK and an international organisations, their philosophy is simply to provide clients with excellent service and value.
The business has an exciting new opportunity for a Global Technical Manager, to join the businesses global Certification and Business Enhancement team in the UK worldwide organisation. The successful candidate will have overall responsibility for the technical development, deployment and management of new or existing, customised 2nd party food solutions, to complement the existing global portfolio of services within Certification and Business Enhancement offering. This will involve supporting, developing and optimising 2nd party and customised food solutions in line with budget, approved operational and strategic objectives. Acting as the main technical point of contact for you will work closely with a range of key global and regional accounts and will participate in relevant external and internal Food Safety and Quality technical committees and working groups to provide strategic expertise and support.
- Lead the technical development and review of new and existing 2nd party and customised projects.
- Providing the Global Customised Solutions Manager with the required support to manage the deployment of new services and solutions.
- Provide required specialist support relating to social media, marketing and business development.
- Implementing a 2nd party/customised solutions plan, in-line with the global food strategy.
- Proactively engaging with internal and external stakeholders to identify new opportunities for 2nd party solutions, complementing the existing global food service portfolio.
- Providing support internally and to customers on 2nd party and customised solutions.
- Driving consistency and improvement of food-related standard operating procedures, processes, practices and the improvement of staff competence at a global level.
- Acting as the first point for assigned key accounts, ensuring that the service delivered to our clients is consistent and meets their overall technical requirements.
- At all times, adopting a safe behaviour by exercising due regard for the health and safety of yourself, colleagues, and clients in line with the Company’s policies and procedures.
- At all times, behaving in accordance with the Company’s Code of Integrity & Professional Conduct.
- Be educated to degree level with considerable experience in the food industry, gained in a technical/technical management role.
- Have strong knowledge of manufacturing, HACCP and GMP.
- Have an excellent understanding of food safety and quality systems in a certification and auditing context.
- Be a strategic thinker and planner with the ability to think outside the box and deliver creative solutions to the Company and clients.
- Demonstrate proven analytical, problem solving and technical writing skills.
- Be computer literate and proficient in Microsoft suite (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Be able to manage multiple tasks effectively, work under pressure and to agreed deadlines.
- Have strong presentation skills with the ability to interact effectively at all levels within the organisation.
- Have the ability and willingness to travel to support the needs of the business as required.
- Be fluent in English.
To apply, please e-mail in strict confidence, with your CV, including salary details, quoting the above reference and for the attention of James Constable to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Due to a high volume of responses, we cannot reply to each application individually. If you have not had a response within one week, we are sorry to say your application has not been successful on this occasion.