Process Development Manager
Are you looking for the chance to really use your culinary knowledge, skills and experience in the delivery of stunning products? This market leading manufacturer in the chilled food to go division supplies a wide range of delicious products to the UK major multiples. Our client now seeks an experienced and passionate Process Development Manager to join a dynamic team and progress their career with a leading chilled food business.
As Process Development Manager you’ll be leading a team of Technologists to ensure business goals are met in line with customer and company standards. Your responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring profitability through the optimum use of resources from people to equipment, monitoring systems and processes to guarantee consistently efficient production methods in line with the company’s low cost agenda.
- Working cross-functionally to guarantee the smooth transition of products from kitchen to factory, communicating effectively between NPD, Production and Technical teams with regard to production trials and new product sign off.
- Assisting Technical teams in maintaining quality systems in line with legislation whilst ensuring appropriate controls are in place to guarantee product quality, integrity and performance in the market place.
- Defining food safety and quality aspects of new products through co-ordinating production trials, validating processes to meet customer specifications as well as technical measures such as HACCP and BRC.
- Creating added value for the business by evaluating and improving the efficiency of current processes, working to achieve budget targets whilst helping to obtain a sustainable advantage within the competitive chilled food sector.
We’re looking for a motivated Process Development Manager with a food related degree or equivalent and a solid background in chilled food manufacturing. You’ll have a proven track record of successfully supporting and motivating a team with excellent people management and development skills. It is essential that you’re able to demonstrate first class project management abilities to meet targets as well as having exemplary organisation, communication and multi-tasking skills. Knowledge of good hygiene practices, quality standards, HACCP and lean manufacturing techniques is essential alongside a high level of computer literacy in order to effectively deliver your ideas.
If you are a Process Manager who has a flexible approach to trials and is looking to join a progressive food business then apply now or call us on 0845 2600 737 to find out more
Please note that we are only able to accept and respond to applications from candidates with eligibility to work in the UK and those who hold valid work visas.