Our client, part of a global organisation renowned for their expertise and knowledge in baking, is seeking to appoint a Specifications Technologist to join small team of Specifications Technologists.
Reporting to the Senior Specifications Technologist, responsibilities for the role will include:
- Completion of all aspects of vendor questionnaires and finished product specifications to specific customer formats and requirements within agreed timescale
- Maintenance of customer data files
- Produce Finished Product Specifications and Safety Data Sheets from Hamilton Grant
- Providing customers with requested information relating to food safety, legality and health aspects of products
- Communicating with relevant departments to obtain timely and accurate information for finished product specifications
- Completion of Kosher and Halal product applications
- Maintaining and updating technical information within Hamilton Grant and Sanderson Formul8 systems
- Reviewing new development products and part amendments to existing products
- Assisting with supplier approval for ingredients and packaging
- Assisting with Pest Management Control
- Assisting with all Third Party Audits to include BRC, Kosher, Halal, Organic, Sustainable Programmes and Customer Audits
Essential / Desirable skills include:
- Specification Technologist experience
- Strong interpersonal communication skills combined with an understanding of Quality and Food Safety Management System
- Ability to build good relationships with customers and ingredient suppliers
- Ability to develop strong working relationships with Technical, Procurement and Manufacturing
- Knowledge of legislation pertinent to food manufacturing preferably within the baking industry
- HACCP Knowledge
- Experience of BRC and other third party standards
- Part of global business, renowned for baking capability, expertise and knowledge.
- The Company vision is to be the global leader in developing and growing the baking business
- The role will be responsible for co-ordinating specifications from 3 of the key sites within the business
- Their mission is to deliver a unique combination of practices and capabilities across each link of the baking business value chain
- They describe their Core values as being Ambitious, Collaborative and Ethical
The role will involve travel to other Company sites in UK as required.
If you believe you have a proactive approach with good communication skills and the ability to work to deadlines under pressure, then this could be the job for you.
If you are interested, please email AS SOON AS POSSIBLE quoting reference number JJ-P4157 with an updated CV, an indication of your current salary and your availability.