1 day left
- Contract Type
Our client, a fast-growing Chilled Food Manufacturer based in Nottinghamshire is looking to add a Technical Services Technologist (Specifications) to provide skilled support to their Technical Department. The successful candidate will generate and maintain finished product specifications for our client’s diverse range of customers, working with colleagues and customers to respond to and address related queries and obtaining information from suppliers regarding ingredients.
As a key member of the Technical Team, responsibilities for the role will include:
- Generating and approving finished product specifications, in approved formats for all customers, to agreed timescales and ensuring compliance with customer requirements and relevant legislation.
- Completing all technical information requested by customers to ensure legal compliance on internal and external systems, challenging and maintaining the technical information on finished product specifications.
- Ensuring timely review of all finished product specifications.
- Working closely with internal departments including Development and Purchasing, and the Supply Base.
- Assisting as necessary with the updating and maintenance of raw material specifications and logging of information onto the Company Database, ensuring information is accurate and complete. Gathering required or missing information by liaising with Suppliers, ensuring raw materials comply with any specific customer requirements.
- Assisting in third party visits and audits, participating in the company internal audit programme and providing support within the Technical Department
Skills / Experience include:
- Experience in writing finished product specifications in a Food Manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of food legislation and labelling would be an advantage
- Conscientious and diligent, with good attention to detail and accuracy and the ability to meet deadlines
- Flexible with the ability to multi task and work well under pressure
- Excellent communication skills
- An understanding of technical systems including HACCP
- Competency in Microsoft Word/Excel
- Ideally degree qualified or equivalent in a food science relevant discipline
- Impressive growth with substantial investment
- Passionate about food, excellent reputation in the Food Industry, flexible and fast-paced
- Bespoke service creating ambient, chilled and frozen products specific to customer requirements
- Diverse range of non-retail customers from blue chip food groups, to on trend restaurants
- Informal culture but totally focussed approach
If you are a Food Technologist with experience completing finished product specifications and are looking for a role in a business that is committed to continued investment and growth, with excellent development opportunities, then this role could be for you.
If you are interested, please email AS SOON AS POSSIBLE quoting reference number JJ- P4168 with an updated CV, an indication of your current salary and your availability.
Apply for Specifications Technologist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly