At Premier Foods, our purpose is to create the food our nation loves most for modern life. And we’ve been doing it for a long time - many of our much-loved brands have been part of UK life for more than a century.
We’re introducing innovative new products and changing how people cook and consume food. Almost 95% of UK households have our products in their cupboards, and we have a burgeoning International business. We’re going places and it’s a great time to join us.
We're delighted to offer the opportunity for an experienced Maintenance Manager to join our operations team.
Based at our Ambrosia factory in Lifton, Devon, the successful applicant will support the Maintenance Engineering Managers in delivering activities associated with the departmental functions, such that people, processes, plant and materials are utilised effectively to meet customer demands.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Reporting directly to a Maintenance Manager and working within the context of the Manufacturing Engineering team.
- Driving performance and improvements across the site, supporting the engineering teams to achieve a safe working environment, the lowest possible downtime and improved production efficiencies within budgetary limits.
- Working with the Maintenance Manager to ensure compliance in areas of responsibility with all statutory and Company regulations regarding Security, Quality, Health & Safety and Safe Working Practices.
- Driving continuous improvement activities. Utilising tools and techniques to realise these benefits, whilst supporting the Operational teams with both hands on and technical support.
- Deputising for the Maintenance Manager as required.
- Min 3 years food manufacturing
- Engineering City & Guilds or ONC Multi-Skilled HNC
- NVQ Level 2 in Engineering Maintenance
- People management experience
- Experience of lean Manufacturing tools and techniques, Kaizen, RCA, FMEA