Machine/Line Technicians X3
Role: Machine/Line Technicians X3
Location: Wakefield, Normanton
Salary: £26,500-£27,500 per annum
Working hours: Mornings & Afternoon rotating shift
I am currently working for a large Food/FMCG manufacturing business that are seeking 3 Machine Technicians to provide maintenance support within the Engineering department. Carrying out equipment setup of machinery correctly throughout the shift and ensuring the effective operation of the line equipment, with particular focus on engineering downtime, improvements in production efficiencies and process reliability.
* Set up and operate machinery (Food/FMCG processing machinery)
* Ensure the line runs at the optimum specified run rate, with little or no stoppages
* Identify any damage and repair immediately or when unable to repair ensure the issue is escalated and documented appropriately
* Complete and action fault finding exercises on machines either broken down or not running at the optimum run speed, working with engineering to ensure machinery is operating to the required performance standard
* Operate check weighers and metal detectors and take an active interest in all other areas of the line
* Ensure material waste is kept to a minimum at all times, preventing ongoing issues with material variance by ensuring all depositors and weights are within the tolerances set in the specification
* Mechanically minded, with some maintenance fitting experience
* Basic electrical understanding
* Understanding of quality and Health and Safety
* Experience within a food manufacturing environment would be beneficial, however not necessarily essential
* It would also be highly beneficial for candidates to hold a relevant Engineering qualification e.g. City & Guilds in Mechanical Engineering/Maintenance or similar
In return, my client can offer the opportunity to work for a large, growing business that often are able to provide further progression opportunities for individuals with the right attitude, alongside a competitive package.
Should you wish to be considered for this position, please "apply now" with an up to date CV, or with any queries, contact E3 Recruitment directly.