Cargill is a unique place to grow your career, your experience and your abilities. Every day, we grow our reputation as a leading international producer of food, agricultural, financial and industrial products and services. We take pride in our global reach, ability to contribute, and strong work ethics and values. Founded in 1865, Cargill is a privately held company and employs 150,000 people in 70 countries. Through innovation, creativity and teamwork, we are transforming entire markets and people’s lives worldwide, and we can have the same impact on your career. Discover how working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive at www.cargill.com.
Job location: Newent
Working for Cargill’s European poultry business at the processing facility in Newent, Gloucestershire, the Shift Manager will manage all staff and operational areas in line with Cargill’s policies, procedures and applicable legislation. This includes producing quality poultry products which meet customer requirements on time and to specification, in a safe and efficient manner to agreed cost standards. The Shift Manager will be required to deputize when needed in the absence of the Production Manager.
- To coordinate, via Team Leaders, all operational shift personnel, to produce quality products to schedule, whilst maintaining a safe, efficient and cost effective operation with maximum utilisation of resources
- To maximize improvement opportunities in all areas of control, through continual review of operations and by instigating improvements where necessary and drive change
- Liaise with the HR department to select and develop operational personnel and to ensure that a developmental programme is in place to train and motivate individuals to achieve performance and quality targets.
- To ensure employee and product safety at all times by;
- Ensuring full training is given according to task procedures and individual needs
- Maintaining adherence to Cargill safety and hygiene standards
- Ensure a safe working environment
- Completing any health and safety documentation for the shift including safety inspection and checklist
- Control the shift’s costs by managing complement, minimizing spend and waste and driving cost saving ideas where appropriate
- Complete daily reviews of SAP metrics and drive improvements where possible working with the SAP team
- Ensure all Company policies, standards, processes are met and adhered to by all personnel on shift.
- NVQ level 4 in management or equivalent – essential
- Proven effective people management skills - essential
- Ability to anaylse and interpret data to give meaningful reports and actions – essential
- Proven experience within FMCG manufacturing- preferably food industry
In return for your expertise and commitment, we will provide a fast paced stimulating international environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer a competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.
Interested? Then make sure to send us your CV and cover letter today.