- Contract Type
A Production Manager is required within a fast paced Manufacturing and Production environment for a UK Food Manufacturing Business based near Preston. The Production Manager runs their section of the packaging area, ensuring lines are running efficiently and effectively in order to meet with customer demands.
This UK Food Manufacturing Business supplies many of the major supermarkets in the UK as well as independent retailers, wholesalers, food service, caterers and food manufacturing sectors. This Family owned Manufacturing and Production Business has been around for over 70 years and to this day is still supplying high quality produce from their site near Preston whilst embracing a rapidly changing food market.
Production Manager Key Responsibilities:
- You will ensure delivery against all operational KPIs including waste, labour, OEE and dispatch.
- You will be accountable for operational improvements and contribute to cost saving initiatives.
- Working alongside other disciplines to ensure a coordinated approach to all manufacturing decisions.
- A strong focus on H&S and developing others will ensure your team is multi-skilled and able to perform to the highest levels.
- You will lead a team of Front Line Managers and production staff.
- Look to drive continuous improvement across the site.
- You will ensure adherence to stringent hygiene and quality policies.
To be successful in the role of Production Manager:
- Proven experience as a Production Manager within a FMCG Environment
- Experience of working within a food production environment
- Strong planner and delegator
- Fully conversant of Health & Safety legislation's
- Results and KPI driven
- Experience making improvements to deliver cost reduction, quality improvement and skill development.
- Implementation of Business Improvement Techniques to include but not exclusive to Lean and Six Sigma
Competitive Salary + Benefits