My client, a well-known and successful food manufacturer are currently looking for a Technical Assistant.
- Manage Quality management system so that all procedures are written, issued, reviewed and disposed of correctly.
- Manage HACCP system ensuring CCP checks are done correctly
- Responsible for all factory quality control.
- To be fully conversant with all traceability systems and requirements
- Manage suppliers accreditation
- Responsible for communications with retailers on aspects audits, closing out corrective actions, score cards and attending sampling sessions and conferences.
- Provide support to ensure BRC compliance and any customers standards ie TFMS
- Provide Technical support before, during and after all external audits.
- Review and continual approve systems and any Technical aspects.
- Supporting with the launching of new products, retailer reviews, rebranding and non-conformance management
- Carry out investigations on all complaints received and ensure they are closed out in a timely manner as well as all trending.
- Assist in overseeing the Laboratory function is meeting the requirements legislativley and the requirements of the business
- Degree in Food Science / Manufacturing or equivalent
- Experience working in a Technical role within the food industry either in operations, quality or laboratory disciplines
- Level 3 HACCP, Level 1 /2 Food Hygiene
- Internal / Lead auditor qualification
- Good working knowledge of BRC and food safety
- Computer literate in Word, EXCEL, PowerPoint, Internet and Email
- Experience in dealing with customers including retailers within a Technical role
What's on offer?
- A starting salary up to £25,000 per annum
- The opportunity to work with a leading business in their product category
If you are interested in this position then please forward a copy of your most up to date CV.