3 days left
- Contract Type
Reporting into the Process & Specification Manager, a new job opportunity has become available for a Process Technologist to join this leading food business who supply to the major retailers.
You will be working with the Process & Specifications Manager in managing product trials within the set critical path, create raw material specifications and compile information required by our customers.
Ensuring raw materials are ordered/ delivered in time for factory trials; carrying out factory trials; drawing up in-house specifications and being a member of the HACCP team.
Responsible for assisting the Process & Specifications Manager following products from NPD handover through to launch. This will include:
- Attend internal handovers.
- In conjunction with the Process & Specifications Manager Plan factory trials.
- Order raw materials.
- Organise sending samples for positive release where necessary.
- Carry out factory trials, ensuring that products are sent for shelf life testing according to the required protocol, and send for nutritional testing where required. Fully document trials ensuring all information is filed and communicated internally.
- Assist in generating QAS documents.
- Work with the quality teams to draw up the required paperwork for factory trials and launches of any new or existing products, for example, recipes, batch sizes, weights, QC, on-line, and kitchen.
- Creating of Finished Product standard sheets – including photographic standards and sensory evaluation.
- Assist in generating factory photo standards in preparation for launch.
- Work alongside the Food Safety & Due diligence Manager to assist in raw material specification approvals.
- Assist Process & Specification Manager in checking artwork.
- Review the standards of all raw materials going into the final product.
- Conduct regular organoleptic assessment sessions, ensuring start, middle and end of life are observed and photographic standards are met.
- Liaise with the production team and quality team in generating both on - line and finished standards prior to being issued.
- Assist organising travel tests as necessary and fully document outcomes.
- Assist post launch reviews with NPD; Production and Quality teams to ensure products are continuing to meet the agreed specification as agreed with customer.
- Drawing up raw material specifications for selling and buying under the brand name.
- Drawing up finished product specifications for branded products.
- Liaise with raw material suppliers to ensure all technical information held is up to date.
- Assist in setting the standards required for new products prior launch.
- Assist in organoleptic analysis for any new product development.
Interested? Then click the apply button today, or contact me for further information. 01233 223 712 / firstname.lastname@example.org
All Applicants must have the right to work in the UK or hold the appropriate work permit.
Apply for Process Technologist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly