Senior Technical Manager
Role title: Senior Technical Manager
Due to new investment, there is an opportunity for a Senior Technical Manager to join a market leading food manufacturer based in Norfolk.
The role will be challenging and will include project implementation; therefore, applications are invited from candidates with at least 5 years’ relevant food manufacturing experience as a senior technical manager.
This position is a critical role within the organisation and the successful candidate will have strong leadership capability, cascading our client’s vision and values within the technical team and key stakeholders within the business.
- Provides advice, support and decision making to colleagues across the business in identifying, escalating and managing risks, dealing with incidents and working together to improve processes.
- Manages raw material quality and compliance & welfare & supplier assurance, scorecards.
- Prepares site for retailer audit.
- Manages agreed site technical metrics and technical strategic delivery at site level.
- Delivers strategic technical plan for site and supports group technical strategy.
- Supports External regulatory and enforcement agencies including incident management and proactive influence to achieve commercial goals.
- Technical adviser for third party customers and all third-party audit and customer service.
- Supports as required Industry trade bodies.
- Liaises with food service industry (compliance, food safety, manufacturing and H+S).
- Liaises cross functionally at site level and also across contribute to business unit technical team.
- 3rd level qualification in a food related discipline e.g. Degree, Diploma etc.
- Intermediate HACCP
- Experience working with Chilled, short shelf like and high care products.
- Experience in the application of 3rd party Food Safety Standards and the accreditation process eg BRC.
- Experience of dealing with a major retailer and knowledge of their Technical Policies / Systems.
- Pragmatic individual who takes on responsibility and accountability to get the job done.
- Excellent organisational and project management skills, including the ability to identify, implement and lead change on site through challenging, leading and influencing managers and cross-functional teams on specific projects