Overall Purpose of the Job
To provide exemplary Hands on engineering management duties to contribute in the smooth operation of the sites production objectives and targets. This role requires a minimum of 60-70% hands on factory floor involvement.
Main Duties of the Job
- Manage and motivate all team members and ensure they are supported and work in partnership to deliver engineering KPIs that contribute to business KPI's.
- Aid in the recruitment, retention and staff development processes to ensure the engineering team has the correct resources at all times.
- To prioritise and manage the engineering workload / activities for the site and delegate duties to subordinates for best efficiency.
- Ensure all plant, equipment and systems are maintained with suitable and sufficient protection as defined by legislation.
- To detect and rectify any issues in a timely manner, which affects the performance / safety of plant or equipment.
- Develop and deliver a cost effective engineering stores system.
- Champion industry best practices and promote the introduction of new technologies, where applicable.
- Ensure food safety legislation and guidelines as well as company policies are adhered to.
- To adhere to and promote best practice in accordance with company health, safety and quality regulations.
- To ensure GMP (good manufacturing practices) and housekeeping (clean as you go) are strictly adhered to.
- Control and minimize waste and play an active part in continuous improvement.
- Ensure all completed work is safe and hygienic and complies with FSA and health and safety legislation.
- Ensure all work carried out complies with relevant health and safety standards,
- To have a duty of care to yourself and others.
- Ensure all necessary daily records and paperwork is completed in a timely manner as required by the company.
- Liaise with Senior Management Teams with any reasonable requests.
- Drive own personal development through training and work based experience.
- To undertake such other duties as may be required from time to time, that reasonably fall within the scope and grade of the post.
- Develop and implement preventative maintenance systems and inspections
- Develop and implement Health and safety risk assessments for Engineering activities in conjunction with the HS Manager
- Be accountable for ensuring all machinery and plant is working to optimum speed all of the time, with minimal disruption to production.
Flexible approach to working hours. On-call duties to resolve any issues out of hours.
Essential Qualifications / Experience
- Excellent communication skills.
- Driven and motivated.
- Positive attitude to work colleagues.
- Relevant qualification in mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
- Extensive practical knowledge of mechanical and electrical engineering
- 16th /7th Edition.
- Excellent listening, communicating, negotiating and influencing skills.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Excellent organisation skills.
- Numerate and literate.
- Excellent project management and planning skills.
- Excellent analytical skills, with the ability to interpret information to build intelligent sales strategies.
- Proactive and highly organised with strong time management skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
Ability to meet tight deadlines and remain calm under pressure
Desired Qualifications / Experience
- Food hygiene qualification.
- Previous experience of as an Engineering Manager working in a chilled environment.
NEBOSH / IOSH qualification.
- 28 days holiday per year including bank holidays.
- Bank Holidays are worked and taken in lieu.
3% contributory pension, if eligible. You will be automatically enrolled into a workplace pension scheme. Further details will be provided.