Overall Purpose of the Job
To provide exemplary Production Management duties to contribute in the smooth operation of the organisation's production objectives and targets.
Main Duties of the Job
- To manage & motive a team of permanent members of Production staff effectively in order to achieve production targets, quality standards and delivery deadlines.
- Manage a variable team of production staff (agency) effectively to achieve production targets, quality standards and delivery deadlines.
- Liaise with other departments such as, Technical, NPD, Engineering, Warehousing, Planning, HR and H&S.
- Assist with the planning process of orders and planning dispatching of products.
- Minimise production costs where applicable through effective use of manpower, equipment, facilities and raw materials.
- Conduct training in a timely manner in order to reduce litigation risks.
- Establish group and individual accountabilities throughout assigned departments & processes.
- Manage spending against budget, controlling spending in relation to changes in production volume.
- Ensure production schedules are planned and adhered to and planning working rotas for staff and organising agency staff, where applicable.
- Ensuring products are produced correctly and safely in accordance with health and safety procedures (especially chemicals and food that maybe dangerous).
- Daily management of production KPI's and reporting information into the General Manager.
- Ensuring relevant paperwork and checks are completed in line with company procedures.
- Ensure food safety legislation and guidelines as well as company policies are adhered to.
- Escalate any unresolved issues to the General Manager in a timely manner.
- To adhere to and promote best practice in accordance with company health, safety and quality regulations.
- To ensure GMP (good manufacturing practices) and housekeeping (clean as you go) are strictly adhered to.
- Control and minimise waste.
- Play an active part in continuous improvement.
- Ensure all completed work is safe and hygienic and complies with FSA and health and safety legislation.
- To have a duty of care to yourself and others.
- Monitoring the security of the stock and site, where applicable.
- Completing all necessary daily records as required by the company.
- To be vigilant in detecting and reporting any issues which may arise affecting the performance / safety of plant or equipment.
- Liaise with Senior Management Teams with any reasonable requests.
- Drive own personal development through training and work based experience.
- To undertake such other duties as may be required from time to time, that reasonably fall within the scope and grade of the post.
- Flexible approach to working hours.
- Maintenance of computerised administration via use of internal IT system (CDC).
- On-call duties out of hours to resolve any issues out of hours.
Essential Qualifications / Experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Driven and motivated.
- Previous experience as a Production Manager in a food production environment.
- Positive attitude to work colleagues.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Good – Excellent IT skills.
- Food hygiene qualification.
- Previous experience of day one for day two production.
- Previous experience of working with seasonal produce.
Previous experience of working in a chilled, fast paced FMCG environment.
Desired Qualifications / Experience
- Advanced food hygiene qualification.
- HACCP qualification.
- Degree in a relevant subject.
A health and safety qualification.
- 28 days holiday per year including bank holidays.
- Bank Holidays are worked and taken in lieu.
- 3% contributory pension until 2018, then 3% Employer contribution and 4% Employee contribution.