Head of Food Auditing
A leading, well established food company are growing & investing in their food auditing department & as a result are looking for a Head of Food Auditing to lead a highly skilled department.
You have the chance to join a world leading organisation who are striving to improve & further develop their customer relationships & offering. As the Head of Food Auditing at their site in the West Midlands you will be collaborating with the wider senior management team & you will instrumental in defining & implementing strategy to ensure their continued success.
As the Head of Food Auditing you will be developing best practices & leading the business unit in instilling a business improvement mind-set. You will be maximising the potential of the department by working closely with the sales & marketing teams whilst also liaising with existing & potential customers.
- Ensure the most efficient output and use of the department.
- Ensure all reasonable steps are taken to achieve accuracy, reliability and repeatability of analytical results and services.
- Monitor KPIs on a daily basis and take action to address any issues.
- Manage and deploy resources to optimise business results.
- Assess key operational risks and takes action to mitigate them.
- Ensuring services are processed in accordance with client procedure and that turnaround times are met.
- Oversee facilities to ensure that they are maintained to a high standard.
- Contribute to corporate/company-wide projects as required.
- Monitor internal performance against company procedures.
- Ensure all work in the department is performed in accordance with the methods and Standard Operating Procedures as per the QMS.
- Ensure effective communication within the business unit regarding the wider business' strategy, key decisions and initiatives.
- To manage a team, including recruitment, training & development, employee relation issues, e.g., attendance, performance, mentoring, motivation, grievance and disciplinary matters.
- Ensure that there are training plans in place to sustain competent performance of staff.
- Provide input & information for budgets.
- Monitor costs, especially variable costs to ensure that they are effectively controlled and reported accurately.
- To have a basic understanding of costing and pricing strategies and assist in the preparation of commercial proposals for clients.
- To raise invoices when required and handle customer invoice queries.
- Keep customers informed of any delays or difficulties that might affect their business.
- Attend customer visits and advise the sales team on operational feasibility and associated costs.
- Help find operational solutions to meet customer needs & increase revenue streams.
- Liaising with clients, offering technical advice and dealing with issues.
A Quality/Audit specialist with experience leading a team & the following:
- Ideally a food science/scientific degree qualification
- Knowledge of UKAS, BRC & ISO methods
- Lead Assessor training & experience
- Track record of building & sustaining a strategic direction
- Proven experience in working in a target driven environment
- Strong supervisory, coaching & project management skills
- Commercial acumen & the ability to communicate effectively with customers
Circa £60,000 - £70,000 + Additional Benefits