Production Team Leader
First class food manufacturer based in Somerset are looking to bring in two new supervisors to help manage their extensive growth due to increased sales of their specialised products. They need two people with experience within food manufacturing to bring in new ideas and energy into a very knowledgeable , friendly , highly skilled and hardworking team.
This historic family run business create a wonderful set of products by fusing modern manufacturing processes whilst remaining true to the products tradition. The Food Manufacturers high growth rate has been built on the quality of their product. This award winning product is exported to all four corners of the world . The growth is set to continue , which has led to the expansion of their wonderful site, big capital investment projects and of course bringing in highly skilled individuals to join their friendly and committed team.
The Production Supervisors will have a level of autonomy that you will not find in similar positions elsewhere within the industry. Your day will have a wide variety of tasks allowing you to develop a wide range of skills within food manufacturing. You will have the power to bring your own ideas into the business and if you can provide a good reason for your suggestion the team will run with it. Although not limited to the below it will give you an idea of the variety of aspects to your day.
For the Production Supervisor to be successful you will need:
- Experience of and formal training in staff supervision /leadership
- Experience within food or drink manufacturing.
- There will be a level of autonomy so you will need to be a self starter.
- You will need to bring a hunger and attitude to succeed.
- There will be opportunities to train and develop,so a good aptitude to learn and develop is vital.
- Good understanding of manufacturing techniques.
- Ability to motivate others.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of the business.
- Ability to understand data and discover trends.
- A desire to introduce continuous improvement to your day
- Proficient on Microsoft office
- Practical experience of working to BRC standards and supermarket codes of practice
- Formal food safety/HACCP training
- Food safety qualification intermediate or higher
- Experience with ERP or databases for production and purchasing
Salary based on experience