Mechanical Shift Engineer
Mechanical Shift Engineer
G&J Distillers, a Quintessential Brands Company, have an exciting opportunity for a Mechanical Shift Engineer to join the team based in Warrington.
As the leading distiller and bottler of spirits in the UK, our vision is to develop G&J Distillers’ world-class production capabilities to produce UK and international brands of the future.
With a heritage of over 250 years in the art of distillation, our goal is to continue to provide the highest quality and most cost-effective liquid and bottling solutions to businesses globally.
As the Mechanical Shift Engineer, you will work as part of a team to tackle first line production breakdowns and identify solutions to improve operational performance. Whilst ensuring continuous improvement through your suggestions and ideas.
- To maintain Production equipment used in the process of bottling and packing of Premium food products, to a high standard expected in the food industry.
- Working as part of a two man team on a 3 shift rota.
- Tackling first line Production emergency breakdowns.
- Identify engineering or process solutions to improve operational performance of equipment.
- Generating solutions to repetitive breakdowns through utilising experience, training, knowledge as part of the Engineering support team.
- Maintaining the ethos of Continuous Improvement through suggestions and ideas.
- Assist as requested with installation, commissioning of new equipment and Plant layout changes.
- Complete Planned Preventative Maintenance for all Production equipment as directed by Shift Engineers Manager. Taking an active part in the improvement of the PPM ensuring its effectiveness.
- Familiar with work shop practices in the use of electrical hand tools, welding (stainless preferably), hot work operations, grinding, drilling, milling and lathe use.
- Technical background – preferably understanding the processes of Palletising, Labelling, liquid filling, capping and packing.
- Health and safety awareness in a manufacturing processes.
- Use of best practice in a manufacturing environment.
- The ideal candidate should previously have worked in a similar role in a food production or other bottle filling environment.
- Qualified Engineer time served with ONC min in mechanical engineering. HNC is preferable.
- Multi-Skilled Engineer with electrical experience would be advantageous.
- Knowledge of Health and Safety, Food Hygiene in operations required.
- Self-motivated, with the ability to work on own initiative and must fit in to a close-nit team.
- Computer literate skills in use of Microsoft Office Applications.
- Have strong problem solving skills is a must, with operational understanding of OEE, 5S, Lean manufacturing techniques preferable.
- Must have proven Process improvement skills, and be able to communicate these to the Engineering team.
- Possess good oral and written communication skills.