Job Type: Technical Manager
Package: Competitive salary, 27 days holiday + 8 bank holidays, attractive pension
Location: West Yorkshire
Sector: Ambient Ingredients
Are you an experienced Technical Manager? Do you want to work for a leader in a niche product sector? Do you have the desire to advance your career with an expanding, multi-cited business with a global presence? If so, then this could be the next career opportunity for you!
This company provide ambient ingredients to both retailers and manufacturers, providing the successful individual to work with a varied customer base, and require them to be the face of the company. The company pride themselves on being experts, have a multimillion pound turnover across their sites and employ over 20,000 staff. Joining a small but talented team, the Technical Manager will report directly in to the Operations Director and manage the technical requirements across 2 sites within the North East.
- Take full responsibility for food safety, quality and legality produced across the two sites.
- Maintain the QMS to ensure full site compliance with food standards and customer requirements
- Complete supplier audits
- Undertake customer visits and present the company and ensure all customer expectations are met
- Ensure products meet specification
- Drive continuous improvement on site, and lead the quality standards by example
- Provide strong leadership for the technical team while maintaining a relaxed and enjoyable environment
- Preferably degree educated in food science or similar
- Proven background in a Technical Manager level position within manufacturing
- Able to demonstrate previous experience in leadership and team development
- Strategic and market focussed, ensuring fully aware of upcoming changes to legislation and food trends
- Detailed knowledge of food standards
- Direct involvement working with major retailers and manufacturers
The ideal candidate will be determined and have a drive and passion for the industry. They will be required to work closely with customers and varying departments across the business to provide comprehensive support. If you feel this is the right move in your career please do get in touch by sending your CV to Chris.Hine@DRNewitt.com or call on 0161 833 0181.