Eden Scott’s client is a highly successful food manufacturer supplying branded products to the UK retailers. A business steeped in innovation and research we are looking for an experienced Research Scientist.
Reporting to the Head of R&D you will lead the Research programme on ingredients across the organisation. Supporting strategic external partnerships (suppliers; research bodies; co manufacturing) to provide scientific competitive edge to the business, by leveraging known capabilities and scouting for new ingredients & process.
- Design and lead the research programme on ingredients to build ingredient scientific knowledge.
- Independently develop and execute experimental plans to generate critical science insights and intellectual property (IP)
- Define technical requirements for applications; ensure in-depth understanding of ingredients functionality and interactions.
- Liaise with strategic partners to define a platform and forum for developing and leveraging ingredients knowledge. In conjunction with the Head of R&D, identify and protect product IP, and define external research and publication strategy.
- Define, direct and/or conduct ingredient functionality experimentation, statistically interpret results and suggest scientifically sound next steps.
- Ensure fit for purpose ingredient specifications, identifying and controlling key attributes.
- Review and improve testing requirements on in-bound ingredients and technology requirements.
- Ensure learnings are shared across the internal business community in a timely manner.
- Deliver in-house training on ingredient functionality, defining impact and solutions to control ingredient variability and interactions.
- Masters Degree in Food Science, Technology or Specific Ingredients Research qualification/experience. (Required)
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in Research/Scientific organisation, or within FMCG Food company in a Scientific/Food research role. (Required)
- Food manufacturing & NPD experience (Desirable)
- Knowledge of Food Manufacturing Standards and ingredient technical requirements.
- Genius love of/affinity with food.
- Excellent communication skills.
Don’t miss out on this fantastic opportunity, apply now. To discuss this role in more detail, call Alasdair Murray on 0131 550 1117.
If this role isn’t quite what you are looking for, register your CV at www.edenscott.com and be the first to hear about our latest opportunities by signing up for our job alerts.