Quality Laboratory Manager
Job Type: Quality Laboratory Manager
Package: Competitive Salary + Pension + Health care plan + Death in service + 33 days holiday
Are you currently working with a supervisory role within the food manufacturing industry? Do you thrive in fast paced environments? Would you like to join a well-established yet growing business?
This business provide a range of high end, own label products to major retailers across the UK. The business has a fantastic history and amazing story on how the started up. To join this business you need to be an enthusiastic person who has a passion of the food industry, and wants to join a business who pride themselves on producing products that showcase local produce. The company produce every product with precision and care and have a high level of attention to detail, so by joining this business you know you will need to work to incredibly high standards but in an exciting and enjoyable environment.
The job will require someone to ensure the safe and efficient day to day running of the on site laboratory, which operates 24 hours a day. Products move quickly so this will often require someone to be able to plan effectively and think quickly on their feet. All product testing needs to be completed in line with all required legal and customer requirements, along with food safety, HACCP and BRC guidelines.
- Manage laboratory staff
- Ensure all testing schedules are met
- Implement and maintain laboratory quality systems
- Continuously improve quality standards across the site
- Support the technical department where required
- Complete hygiene and housekeeping audits
- Complete daily release of products
- Identify non-conformances
- Train and develop team to build a world class department
- Understanding of the quality & technical function in the food industry
- Proven ability to manage a team
- People development, coaching & motivating
- Food Safety Level 3
- HACCP Level 2
This role would suit someone from and technical or production background who would like to move in to a quality / laboratory setting. If this could be of interest please do get in touch by sending me your CV to Chris.Hine@DRNewitt.com or call on 0161 833 0181.