NEW PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT CHEF
Today J Sykes and Sons is proud to supply over 500 Wholesale customers, Key Multi National Retailers and Food Manufacturers. Employing 85 staff in management and support roles and a further 40 staff in our busy production facilities our business is geared for future growth and evolution. With a turnover approaching £100 million, we are considered to be the premier importer of quality Frozen Fish and Seafood to the UK and Irish markets, with an expanding export market program underway. We are supported by an integrated proposition, using our advanced UK production facilities to apply higher levels of product safety, value adding and cost reductions.
We are currently recruiting for a NEW PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT CHEF to join our Team in Manchester. The role will require flexibility in approach, ranging from research & development of new trends in seafood, creating new variations of sauces, flavours & garnishes, testing cooking methods and holding presentation & sensory analysis trails for each new product. You will work closely with the NPD Technologist to develop new sales through innovation and development of new products.
To be successful within this role we are looking for a chef with prior experience of developing new and exciting recipes, so consumers can have restaurant style meals from home. Ideally the candidate will be a passionate foodie who enjoys cooking on the creative edge. Enthusiastic on approach and have culinary expertise to convince those around you that each product is the next big thing.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- To assist with the project management of NPD lines from brief to launch.
- Review and improve existing product base through research, development and food trials
- Research and test best cooking methods per product
- Responding to the findings of sensory and taste panels
- Working with food technicians to write specifications for new products
- Running factory trials of new products, and sending samples of products to customers
- Presenting and demonstrating new products to potential customers and existing customers
- Ensuring all developments satisfy price and quality
- Liaise with NPD teams across the wider business and feed into briefs from concept, considering technical and production capabilities, raw material souring and packaging considerations.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- NVQ Level 1 & 2 or City & Guilds 706/1 and 2
- Basic Food Hygiene certificate
- Experience of developing recipes using factory processes
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
Closing Date to Apply: 22nd September 2017
If you have the necessary skills and experience for this position, please apply via email to the HR department email@example.com
We aim to provide feedback to all applicants, but due to the volume of applications being received we are not always able to do this; if you do not receive any form of communication from us within 2 weeks of the closing date for submitting applications, then unfortunately your application was not successful on this occasion. We will however retain your CV on file, should another position become available in the future.
Apply for NEW PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT CHEF
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly