Today J Sykes and Sons is proud to supply over 500 Wholesale customers, Key Multi National Retailers and Food Manufacturers. Employing 85 staff in management and support roles and a further 40 staff in our busy production facilities our business is geared for future growth and evolution. With a turnover approaching £100 million, we are considered to be the premier importer of quality Frozen Fish and Seafood to the UK and Irish markets, with an expanding export market program underway. We are supported by an integrated proposition, using our advanced UK production facilities to apply higher levels of product safety, value adding and cost reductions.
We have a great opportunity for an ambitious and driven FOOD TECHNOLOGIST to join our Technical team in Manchester. We are looking for a Technologist, to ensure that all internal and customer specifications, pack copies and artwork are created accurately and that all the necessary documentation is produced to meet critical path timescales and associated launch deadlines.
The ideal candidate will have experience of working within a similar role within food manufacturing or within the seafood or frozen sector. Knowledge of writing specifications for retailers will be extremely beneficial. The ideal candidate will feel comfortable managing multiple tasks, delivering results against tight deadlines and have the talent to analyse information alongside the ability to transfer data accurately and clearly. Strong computer literacy skills are a must and formal food related qualifications will be beneficial.
You will liaise with our customers and manufacturing and distribution operations across the globe, as well as internal commercial teams to provide support to the business. Visits to other sites and supplier sites may be required, therefore a full driving license is critical.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Management of both raw material and finished product specifications using numerous online platforms, ensuring all specifications are accurate and up to date
- Management of own label packaging from initial concept through to delivery of printed materials
- Responsibility for reviewing copy artwork to ensure that the packaging information is accurate and also in line with customer technical labelling policies
- Maintenance of Technical documentation files, including for raw materials and purchased products including, Certificates of Analysis, third party accreditation and self-audit questionnaires
- Product testing to include organoleptic and visual assessment, and basic product quality attribute assessment
- Collate when required other technical information for customers, and deal with customer queries.
- Handling, investigating and closing out customer complaints
- Any other technical duties which may be required
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Ideally previous writing and approving customer specifications
- Knowledge of retailer codes of practice, requirements & systems.
- Awareness and understanding of relevant legislation is beneficial.
- Excellent organisation and time management skills.
- Good Microsoft Office skills
- Formal food related qualifications will be beneficial.
- Full Driving Licence
Closing Date to Apply: 22nd September 2017
If you have the necessary skills and experience for this position, please apply via email to the HR department email@example.com
We aim to provide feedback to all applicants, but due to the volume of applications being received we are not always able to do this; if you do not receive any form of communication from us within 2 weeks of the closing date for submitting applications, then unfortunately your application was not successful on this occasion. We will however retain your CV on file, should another position become available in the future
Apply for FOOD TECHNOLOGIST
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly